If you are looking for the best casein protein powder to help you bulk up and fight the muscle tissue breakdown with these slow digest proteins, you came to the right place!
We have searched the market through the different brands to present you the best options in terms of price, quality, and taste.
Because it takes such a very long time to completely digest, casein is a remarkable protein to contemplate when you will be going long periods of time with no consumption of food, like before bed when you go to sleep.
Casein can keep working to fight with the failure of muscle tissue when your body needs it the most.
With our help, you will find the best casein protein powders for men & women on the market for the best prices and which will suit your needs perfectly as its tasting.
Best 10 Casein Protein Powder Supplements:
The following selection may not seem the cheapest one, although they are a great deal considering the price ratio, product quality, taste… These Casein Supplements are TOP NOTCH.
This is the reason why we recommend them for you.
|Naked Nutrition Less Naked Casein Micellar Casein Protein||26g||110||5lb (2.27KG)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein Powder||24g||120||4lb (1.82KG)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Dymatize Elite 100% Micellar Casein Slow Absorbing Protein||25g||130||4lb (1.8KG)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Hardcore Micellar Casein||20g||86||4lb (1.8KG)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|EAS Whey + Casein Protein Powder||20g||120||2lb (907g)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Bulksupplements Pure Casein Protein Powder||26g||112||8.8oz (250g)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|MuscleTech Platinum 100% Casein, Slow-Digesting 100% Milcellar Casein Formula||24g||110||1.80 lbs (817g)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Six Star Casein Protein Drink||20g||120||2lb (907g)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Muscle Pharm Combat Casein Supplement||28g||120||4lb (1.8KG)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
|Now Foods Micellar Casein Powder||19g||90||1.8lb (816 g)||Check Price on Amazon.com|
1 – Naked Nutrition Less Naked Casein Micellar Casein Protein
Naked Casein comes from US farms and hasn’t been dressed up with additives like artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. Unlike most protein powders, no high heat, acid, or bleach treatment ensures that all vital nutrients are kept intact for pure casein protein. Using rGBH-free skim milk, we use careful manufacturing processes to create a slow-release micellar casein that’s perfect right before bed. Naked Nutrition is committed to shortening the steps between our farms and you.
Don’t let labels and big agribusiness fool you; additives are for their bottom line, not your health.
The Naked Difference:
- From US Farms and Nowhere Else
- No Artificial Sweeteners, Flavors, or Colors
- 26 Grams of Protein and 5.4 Grams of BCAA’s Per Serving*
- Only One Ingredient: Micellar Casein
- GMO Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
- Growth Hormone Free, no rGBH or rBST
- Cold Processed
- Acid and Bleach-Free Processing – What’s “Cool” for Jeans Isn’t “Cool” for You *Branched Chain Amino Acids. All nutritional values are verified by independent third-party testing.
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Micellar Casein Protein, Naked Casein has no growth hormones, no rGBH and no rBST.
- US FARMS ONLY: Naked Casein is brought to you only from US farms to ensure that our protein powder is GMO-Free, Soy Free, Gluten-Free and contains no artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors.
- COLD PROCESSED: Naked Casein is cold processed, which means there is no contamination from chemical detergents (no acid or bleach), synthetic additives, or heavy metals.
- UNMATCHED NUTRITION: 26g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 0g of Carbs, 110 Calories, and 5.9g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- PURE CASEIN PROTEIN: No additives mean your pre and post workout casein protein shakes, smoothies and recipes provide clean muscle gains and maximum recovery.
2. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein Powder
Faster digesting protein is desirable immediately before and after exercise to help refuel recovering muscles, but slow digestion and absorption may be more beneficial at other times including bedtime when your body typically goes for hours without food.
Casein products are acid sensitive and thicken in the stomach. Compared to some other proteins, it can take longer for our Gold Standard 100% Casein to be broken down into its amino acid subcomponents.
By using only premium micellar casein as a protein source, we’ve created a formula that sets the standard for slow digesting protein support.
- Made Exclusively With Micellar Casein.
- 24 Grams of Slowly Digesting Protein Per Serving.
- Use Between Meals to Support Satiety and/or Before Bed as Your PM Protein.
- Nearly 5 Grams of Naturally Occurring BCAAs per Scoop.
- Nearly 5 Grams of Naturally Occurring Glutamine and Glutamic Acid per Scoop.
3. Dymatize Elite 100% Micellar Casein Slow Absorbing Protein
A Great Rest/Nighttime Protein to Keep Muscles Fed
Dymatize Elite Casein helps to supply muscles with a steady stream of amino acids, the building blocks of muscle protein.
Casein is a unique protein derived from milk that breaks down more slowly in the digestive system than other types of proteins. This more gradual breakdown can increase satiety and slow the release of muscle-building amino acids.
So if your goal is to continue to build muscle during long periods of rest or avoid muscle protein breakdown in between meals or during sleep, Elite Casein is an excellent protein choice.
- 25g of high-quality 100% Micellar Casein per serving.
- 5.4g of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) proven to help build muscle and aid in recovery.
- 2.3g of L-Leucine to support activation of Muscle Protein Synthesis.
- Available in 4 amazing flavors.
- Mixes easily and completely.
- Gluten Free.
4. Hardcore Micellar Casein
Muscle Feast proteins originate from dairy farms in Wisconsin, long known for having exceptionally high-quality dairy products.
Our Micellar Casein is 100% pure and natural without any artificial ingredients or fillers and is produced using a cold filtered cross flow microfiltration process that does not denature the protein. This process ensures the absolute highest quality micellar casein available.
Micellar casein is a slow absorbing protein. It takes approximately 3-4 hours to begin feeding your muscles and will continue feeding them for up to 7 hours.
The slow absorption rate helps prevent the body from going into a catabolic state making this protein ideal for taking before sleep or any other long period of time you will not be consuming protein. This product does not contain any flavoring or sweeteners. It will taste better by adding flavoring. It may also be added to your favorite sport drink, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal or virtually any product.
Take one or more scoops as needed in 8 oz of milk or milk substitute. Add more or less liquid until the desired consistency and flavor is achieved.
Muscle Feast proteins may be mixed in water but will taste best in milk or a milk substitute because we do not add xanthan or guar gums (thickening agents). Drink immediately or keep refrigerated. Use as needed one or more times per day to meet your daily targeted levels of protein.
We guarantee our supplements to be the freshest and purest available: Muscle Feast, LLC supplements are manufactured under the strictest HACCP, FDA, and Kosher standards, producing the highest quality and purest supplements available. Our raw ingredients undergo state of the art analysis to ensure zero impurities and strict adherence to product labeling. When it comes to quality you can’t beat Muscle Feast.
- 4 Pounds of Pure Micellar Casein
- 82 Servings
- No added sweeteners or flavoring
- Only 86 Calories
5. EAS Whey + Casein Protein Powder
EAS Whey + Casein offers a combination of proteins to help you recover quickly from exercise and also build and repair muscles long after your workout is done. Vary your serving depending on your nutritional goals. This powder contains no fillers.
Instructions for Use
Use one, two, or three scoops depending on your goal. For every scoop, add 8 fluid ounces of cold water, milk, or your favorite beverage and mix for 20-30 seconds in a shaker or blender. Use with a healthy diet and exercise program.
Key Benefits in Every Scoop
EAS Whey + Casein offers several key benefits:
- Whey protein and its BCAAs are rapidly absorbed so you can build muscle, gain strength, and recover more quickly after your workout.
- Casein protein from milk provides a sustained slow-release of amino acids that feed your muscles for up to 6 hours.
- EAS Whey + Casein contains no fillers or proprietary blends so you know exactly what you’re getting: only purposeful ingredients.
Feeds Muscle Recovery for Up to 6 Hours
The combination of Whey + Casein ensures an increase in protein synthesis as well as slow-release amino acids, so you can get the benefits of both and your muscles can continue to recover for up to 6 hours after your workout.
- 20 Gram of protein, 4.6 Gram of BCAAs and no fillers.
- Whey protein is rapidly absorbed so you can build muscle, gain strength and recover more quickly after your workout.
- Casein protein from milk provides a sustained, slow release that feeds your muscles for up to 6 hours.
- EAS Whey Plus Casein contains no fillers, amino acids, carbohydrates or proprietary blends so you know exactly what you’re getting Gram – only purposeful ingredients.
6. Bulksupplements Pure Casein Protein Powder
Containing significant amounts of phosphorus, Casein is a protein that makes up about 80% of the protein content in cowÆs milk (the remaining 20% being comprised of Whey).
Known for its slow absorption rate and abundance of amino acids, Casein Protein is a popular choice among many athletes.
Because Casein is a slow-digesting protein, amino acids enter and remain in the bloodstream at a steady rate, meaning that its effect on muscles can last several hours. Casein Protein contains branch chain amino acids (BCAAÆs) and assists in the recovery of muscles after strenuous physical activity.
Supplementation of micellar protein also helps the general development of lean muscle mass at a faster rate. In addition to its high protein content, one serving of Casein contains almost half of the daily recommended value of Calcium, which can promote healthy bones as well.
- Clean & pure powder.
- Promotes muscle growth & recovery.
- Great source of protein & calcium.
- Rich amino acid profile.
7. MuscleTech Platinum 100% Casein, Slow-Digesting 100% Milcellar Casein Formula
Platinum 100% Casein uses only ultra-pure, cold-processed microfiltered casein micelles, and is formulated with a filtration process that uses precision technology to remove lactose, ash, and fat. Unlike other formulas that add in other inferior forms of casein into their formulas, Platinum 100% Casein delivers 24g of the purest form of casein protein you can feed your body in every scoop – micellar casein. This source of protein contains several different bioactive fractions that are retained through the microfiltration process.
- Every scoop delivers only the purest form of casein – micellar casein.
- Packed with 24g of protein, 5.2g BCAAs and 4g glutamine.
- Subjects consuming daily dose experience a 34% decrease in muscle breakdown.
- Contains a higher concentration of protein per scoop than the competition.
- Better value and better tasting than the competition.
8. Six Star Casein Protein Drink
Build More Muscle and Strength
- Each two-scoop serving of Six Star Casein Protein delivers 40g of protein, including slow-digesting casein, which helps feed your muscles with a continued flow of amino acids (the building blocks of muscle). Plus, it’s enhanced with an added ingredient that’s clinically shown to build more muscle and strength.
- Powered by 100% Sustained-Release Casein Protein
- 100% of the casein component in new Six Star Casein Protein is high-quality casein protein, which is a slow-release form of protein and is rich in amino acids. This makes it perfect to take between meals and before bed.
Prolonged Amino Acid Delivery Before Bed
- Research has shown that casein protein has a slow absorption rate into the bloodstream, which results in sustained amino acid delivery. The slower digestion and delivery helps feed your muscles with a continued flow of powerful amino acids. Take Six Star Casein Protein between meals and before bed.
- Build More Lean Muscle.
- Plus, it features another powerful, university-studied key compound shown to help build more lean muscle. It’s perfect for anyone trying to build a better body.
- Includes slow-digesting casein.
- Helps feed your muscles with a continued flow of amino acids.
- Perfect to take between meals and before bed.
- Features another powerful, university-studied key compound shown in helping to build more lean muscle.
9. Muscle Pharm Combat Casein Supplement
Combat 100% Casein® protein delivers sustained, slow-digesting protein and amino acids. We start with the best micellar casein protein available, then combine it with a digestive enzyme blend to deliver quality muscle-promoting proteins. While you may sleep, your muscles are getting fed—and fed well.
- 100% Micellar Casein.
- Ideal nighttime protein source before bed.
- Repair and rebuild muscle.
- Delivers 28 grams of slow digesting protein.
- Added digestive enzyme blend.
10. Now Foods Micellar Casein Powder
Micellar Casein is a slowly digested, complete protein, with an excellent amino acid profile that typically has over 4,500 mg of BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) per 1 scoop serving. Because Micellar Casein thickens in the low pH of the stomach, slowing down its entry into the intestines, its amino acids are released in a sustained manner.
Slower digestion ensures continuous availability of amino acids for the body.
NOW® Micellar Casein mixes easily in your favorite beverage and is an ideal choice for sustained protein support.
- Sustained Protein Release.
- 19 g Protein, Mixes Easily.
- Naturally Occurring BCAAs.
- Natural – No Aspartame, No Sucralose, No Acesulfame-K.
Casein Protein Powder Guide for Beginners
If you are planning with a fitness regime, there are a few things that have to be kept in mind along with taking the right kind of diet and protein supplements. Protein powder is a dietary supplement that helps in promoting increased muscle mass during exercise. This can be made from eggs, whey, rice or soy. Source materials are usually processed from their protein content and turned to powder. It is one of the most commonly used supplement among body builders are people that are on strict weight loss program. This supplement is used either with milk or fruit juice and can also be sprinkled on cereals.Casein protein powder is among the best protein powder.
These proteins are designed to be broken down steadily into the body and hence for this reason, these proteins are usually taken before going to bed at night. However, they can also be taken in the mid of the day as they are good for those times when you are busy to have a meal. These powders also have a bit more fat than isolate proteins.Narrowing down,we discuss about Casein protein powder:
For human body’s proper functioning, one essential element needed is protein. Protein is very important for human body growth and tissue generation, regeneration, proper structuring, and functioning. It controls the cellular structure and prevents any anomalies that would rise if uncontrolled. They are the body building elements. And anyone who wishes for a ripped physique and are body building aspirers indulge in the consumption of protein powder supplements to fasten the metabolism rates and to gain good muscle mass and shape caused by proper cellular generation and structure. And one such important and ever so popular source is casein protein powder.
What is casein?
Milk is the primary source of proteins for humans, and it consists of a protein component called casein. Casein is the protein that provides the white color to the milk and is dissoluble. Casein protein powder is milk in powdered form with containing casein protein. It is a kind of phosphoprotein and counts to almost eighty percent of the protein source of milk. It is slow digestible and contains the essentials of required amino acids.Calcium caseinate is the most prevalent form of casein protein powder available, and bodybuilders use them as a supplement.The biological value of casein protein is calculated at seventy-seven which is evidently much lesser than whey and egg protein’s biological value but has more benefits than both of them combined.
Advantages of casein protein powder
Casein protein powder is generally preferred by athletes and body building enthusiasts for muscle structure development, regeneration and retention. Casein helps in increasing the muscle mass as it has a high content of Glutamine and boosts the strength and power of lower body region and chest and shoulder area. Ad adding to muscle development, it also helps in reducing weight drastically as it has a high source of calcium in it as well. So that makes casein protein powder the absolute supplement that you should be consuming to be the fittest.
How Casein helps in digestion
Casein is digested at a slower rate, and so it does not impede in any way the protein synthesis process of the body and thus enhances growth and development of muscles drastically. And in the process stops protein collapse in the body which is otherwise very beneficial for the best physique.Before casein is digested and used by the body muscles, it is first slowly digested by the stomach, and this particular process ensures a continuous supply of proteins and amino acids which stop the catabolizing of the muscles.
The proper way to take casein protein powder supplements
Casein protein powder is also known as night protein as it is more advantageous if taken at night. It should be ideally taken by you at night before going to sleep as it is then when it provides the most benefits because then your body is resting and digestion can take place at a slower pace, and no physical activities are underway which can impede the intake.
Thus it is pretty clear that casein has a variety of benefits to offer and with its perfect nutritional and qualities, it is the powder, available at modest prices, that must be present in every body builder or athlete or physique enthusiast’s diet plans.
Casein protein powder is preferred by athletes and bodybuilding enthusiasts for muscle structure development, regeneration, and retention.
The biological value of casein protein is 77, a number that is lower if compared to whey and egg, which has the value of 104 and 100 respectively. The biological value represents the quantity of the particular protein that is absorbed by the system. Despite the lower value, however, casein has been proven, both scientifically and statistically, to have abundant benefits that outweigh others.
Casein protein makes up for its low biological value by its high glutamine content. Glutamine is the amino acid which helps gain muscles, prevents loss and damage, and enhances the immunity system. Another benefit of casein lies in its ability to fight colon cancer.
Casein is considered to be a high-quality protein that benefits the body in a wide variety of ways. Casein protein is recommended to be taken before going to bed; dairy products are one of the most eminent sources that retain casein protein.
Benefits of Casein Protein Powders
All in all, you can choose from the varied flavors it comes in. Now, let us first observe the benefits it is associated with.
First of all, it plays a major role in the retention of muscles. Whenever you are planning for a low-calorie diet, your first concern should be a lean muscle mass loss. Since you will not be able to provide the sufficient energy requirements to your body, you will be forcing your body to rely on the stored tissue to fulfill its requirements for energy. In some cases, the energy requirements are fulfilled from the body fats, while in worst cases, your muscles are quenched for energy requirements. In such cases, this comes up with the solution. Studies have shown that casein is much more effective at maintaining muscles.
Moreover, the casein protein has also proven to be the best elucidation regarding total fat loss owing to its higher calcium content. Many people tend to quit dairy products when they are attempting to be relieved from the body fats. However, this is entirely conflicting the truth. It is essential to unearth a good balance between protein and calcium intake, instead of just depending upon the protein diet for the fat loss. Casein protein has gained its importance in accomplishing both the objectives of boosting your calcium intake as well as having higher protein consumption rate, to maximize your chances of fat loss.
Hope this post helped you out to find the best casein protein powder which suits you and your goals.
- Best Cheap Whey Protein Powder – Complete Guide
- Best Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder – Organic Guide
- Best Hemp Protein Powder : Organic Complete Guide
- Best Mass Gainers – Top 10 Weight Gain Supplements Complete Guide
- Best Creatine Monohydrate Supplements – Top 10 Products Complete Guide
- Best Pre-Workout Supplements – Top 10 Products