I think you will agree with me when I say:
Nowadays, with our busy lives achieving our caloric and protein intake needs it’s REALLY hard only with food…
Well, turns out, you can increase and achieve your daily protein intake by adding one whey protein supplement…
…Although, finding that GOOD protein isn’t an easy job.
That’s why we created a list of Best Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder. After spending hours researching, testing and conversations with friends, I have shortlisted the top 10 organic proteins.
And in today’s post, I’m going to share with you!
What are Grass-Fed Cows?
This type of protein is one of the most natural ways to increase the amount of protein intake present in your daily diet.
The conventionally raised cows after 6-12 months are moved to feedlots (most of those are unsanitary), there, cows are fed with grain based feeds (soy or corn). Also often are given hormones and drugs to grow faster, as well as antibiotics to live the living conditions that are unsanitary.
Compare that to grass fed cows, which are raised in a more traditional way, free to graze the fields and eat naturally.
The primary nutritional difference comes down to increased levels of omega-3, vitamins (E&B), and minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium), as well as higher CLA content.
Best 10 Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
Since there’s a rise in organic product use, you may have heard of organic whey protein recently. After all, organic products tend to be safer and more healthy than commercial products for you. Here is a glimpse at what organic whey protein is and how it can help you.
First of all, you should understand that all natural products, generally, don’t include any pesticides or harsh chemicals. So, such products are substantially more healthy for people than those products that may be located in shops.
The following selection may not seem the cheapest one, although they are a great deal considering the price ratio, product quality, taste… These Whey Protein are TOP NOTCH.
|NAKED WHEY - #1 Undenatured 100%||25g||120||5lb (2.27KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|LESS NAKED WHEY - CHOCOLATE | STRAWBERRY | VANILLA | UNFLAVORED WHEY PROTEIN||25g||160||5lb (2.27KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|PROMIX #1 - Selling Unflavored|
Undenatured 100% California, Preservative Free, Mixes Instantly
|25g||120||5lb (2.27KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Bodylogix Natural Whey Protein Nutrition Shake, Natural Dark Chocolate | Natural Vanilla Bean||24g||130||1.85lb (840G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Reserveage - Minimally Processed with High Biological Value, Chocolate | Vanilla||21g||120||12.7 oz (360G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Natural Force® Organic Whey Protein Powder *RANKED #1 BEST TASTING* - Undenatured Whey Protein - Raw Organic Whey, Paleo, Gluten Free Natural Whey Protein, Vanilla Bean | Cacao Bean||20g||110||Vanilla 14.3 oz (405G) - Cacao 14.8 oz (420G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Wild Whey - Cold Processed Non-Denatured, Biologically Active, GMO-Free Protein Concentrate Made Directly From Grass-Fed Milk (Not Cheese) 7 Flavors | Natural/Unflavored||16g||85||1.32 pound (600g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Raw Organic Whey - USDA Certified Organic Whey Protein||20g||97.5||12 oz (340g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Bulksupplements Pure Grass - Fed Whey Protein Isolate Powder||27g||112||2.2lbs (1KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Opportuniteas - Protein Powder Concentrate | 100% Pure Unflavored Cold Processed from Raw Wisconsin Milk | Undenatured + Natural + Non GMO + Gluten Free | Mix in Shake or Smoothie||24g||120||1 Pound / 16 oz (454g)||Check Price on Amazon|
1 – NAKED WHEY – #1 Undenatured 100% Premium Grass Fed Whey Protein from California Farms
Using grass fed cows milk from small dairy farms, allows them to use careful manufacturing procedures to create a non-denatured whey loaded with essential amino acids, glutathione, and clean protein.
All essential nutrients are retained in the purest form.
Naked Whey is pure protein and not loaded up like most brands with additives like artificial flavors or sweeteners.
Naked Nutrition is committed to shortening the steps between you and farms.
Naked Whey is a whey concentrate, meaning it is a great pre and post workout supplement for anyone seeking a protein powder that is easy and quick.
Nevertheless, unlike many of its competitors, it’s unflavored. It’s a protein powder you can mix with just about anything.
In order to produce the whey protein powder, Naked Nutrition (the maker) accumulates cow’s milk from grass fed cows raised on small dairy farms.
The milk then undergoes processing to generate a non-denatured whey protein powder which has amino acids, all the clean protein, and glutathione found in cow’s milk.
The essential nutrients of the milk are kept, producing a clean, pure protein powder. Compare it to some of the highly-processed powders in the marketplace, and you can see it’s a great option to consider!
- The milk comes from small-scale dairy farms around the state of California.
- There aren’t any artificial sweeteners, flavorings, or colorings and it is completely free of soy and gluten.
- The production procedure does not comprise acid or bleaching, resulting in a considerably more natural treated protein powder.
- The protein powder is unflavored, meaning it’s its natural creamy flavor.
- It’s also packaged with amino acids, glutathione, and proteins that were clean.
- 100% Grass Fed Pure Whey Protein Concentrate
- Unflavored whey protein powder
- 25 grams of protein, 2 grams of sugar, 3 grams of carbs, 5.9 grams of BCAAs, and 100 calories per serving
- Cold-processed to reduce contamination
If you don’t mind paying a somewhat higher cost and you are looking for an excellent protein powder, Nude Whey is undoubtedly a great choice to consider. It’s natural, making it an excellent option for those who desire quality at any cost. With an outstanding nutritional profile, easy mix, and its amazing flavor, you’ll discover this is among the finest whey protein powders available on the market!Check Price on Amazon
2 – LESS NAKED WHEY – CHOCOLATE | STRAWBERRY | VANILLA | UNFLAVORED
Less Naked Whey product is very similar to Naked Whey, the main difference is the flavors available, in Less Naked Whey you can choose from three different flavors, Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla.
Less Naked Chocolate is Naked Nutrition best-selling protein with organic chocolate and organic coconut sugar added – giving you more versatility in shakes and recipes.
Check Price on Amazon
3 – PROMIX #1 Selling Unflavored, Undenatured 100% California
PROMIX #1 Whey comes from the milk of grass fed cows. Cold-processed microfiltration creates a non-denatured whey protein with an amino acid profile that is unsurpassed and outstanding bioavailability, rich in naturally occurring immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, CLAs and growth factors.
Designed for professional sportsmen, PROMIX transcends all testing standards for performance and purity.
PROMIX transcends all testing standards for performance and purity.
All PROMIX products are examined by independent third party laboratories for gluten and heavy metals.
- No Growth Hormones
- No Soy or Gluten
- No Artificial Flavors, Colors, or Sweeteners
- No Antibiotics
- No GMO Ingredients
While the protein powder may not be 100% organic, it’s made from a milk of 100% grass fed cows. Along with its pure ingredients, the firm ensures its products are high quality through a third party lab testing.Check Price on Amazon
4 – Bodylogix Natural Whey Protein Nutrition Shake
Bodylogix Natural can help you supplement your diet with much-needed protein.
The whey is sourced from grass-fed cows and the powder contains no artificial ingredients, colors or flavors. It is obtainable in a formula appropriate for vegetarians and is naturally sweetened with Stevia.
You can add the powder to your breakfast cereal for an increase in the morning; it will help you feel fuller for longer. Combine the powder into a cow, soy milk, almond milk, or waters milk after a workout.
It will help your muscles recover quicker.
Bake with the protein powder, adding it to pancakes and your oatmeal bars to make a meal more balanced.
5 – Reserveage – Minimally Processed with High Biological Value, Chocolate | Vanilla
Reserveage Nutrition represents the next generation in natural protein supplementation. Protein is an essential nutrient, and we should demand that whey protein is consistently and of the highest quality grass-fed derived.
Our protein is sourced from farmers which feed their cows without the unnecessary use of artificial hormones including rBGH and rBST. Our formula delivers a creamy, rich, delightful feel you blend instantly with any drink of choice and you’ll adore.
- HIGH-QUALITY GRASS-FED WHEY
- DELICIOUS + EASY TO MIX
- MINIMALLY PROCESSED: Minimally processed and low in lactose, sodium, and cholesterol. Plus, our microfiltered, undenatured manufacturing process helps protect the beneficial co-factors and nutrients in whey.
- HIGH BIOLOGICAL VALUE
- PROMOTE + NOURISH WELLNESS
- Taste and mixability.
- Delivers a creamy, rich, delicious texture you all love.
- Mixes instantly with any beverage of choice.
- Our protein is sourced with traceability from farmers who pasture-feed their cattle naturally, without rBST and rBGH.
6 – Natural Force® Organic Whey Protein Powder *RANKED #1 BEST TASTING* – Undenatured – Raw Organic Whey, Paleo, Gluten Free, Vanilla Bean | Cacao Bean
Natural Force® Organic Whey is the cleanest and hands-down best-tasting source of organic protein available.
We Handcraft our Raw Organic Whey from the 100% Raw Organic milk of grass, free range cows untreated by antibiotics and growth hormones.
The result is a deliciously smooth natural whey protein so clean you could taste the difference.
Sourced from Raw Liquid Organic Whey that results in a Pure Undenatured Whey Protein:
Our Organic Whey is cold processed, leaving the amino acid profile pure and undamaged.
This natural organic protein is a whole, accessible protein, quick consuming and making it easy to digest, so you can maximize your recovery.
- Contains no artificial sweeteners or flavors.
- Is minimally processed without heat or acid, leaving the protein molecules undamaged and more bioavailable.
- Mixes and tastes great without added Soy Lecithin.
- Comes from Organic Cows never treated by antibiotics or growth hormones.
- Comes from cows that graze exclusively on Organic Pastures.
- Is produced in the USA, certified USDA Organic, and is sourced from free range cows from farms in California.
7 – Wild Whey – Cold Processed Non-Denatured, Biologically Active, GMO-Free Protein Concentrate Made Directly From Grass-Fed Milk (Not Cheese) 7 Flavors | Natural/Unflavored
More nutrition than regular whey protein concentrate… Feel the difference of non-denatured Grass Fed Whey!
Wild Whey isn’t like most protein powders available on the market. Until someone figured out how to make a powder out of it most whey powders are made from the liquid whey that’s left over from the cheese making process and used to be considered waste.
Powders made from this whey have gone through a variety of processing, storing and transporting and are often double pasteurized. To help separate the whey from the curds, chemicals or animal-based enzymes are often used, processing step to the process and adding one more unnatural ingredient
The milk comes from Australian dairy cows that graze on organic pastures year round.
How do we use Wild Whey?
Add Wild Whey Protein for a boost of protein that is clean to your shakes, smoothies, coffee, water or tea with immune-boosting immunoglobulins.
What are the ingredients?
INGREDIENTS: 100% grass fed non-denatured whey protein
Is Wild Whey gluten-free, nut-free and/or allergen-free?
It absolutely is! Our Whey is 100% FREE of the major allergens: Wheat, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Fish, Peanuts, Shellfish, and Soy.
Is Wild Whey Guaranteed?
It’s time to say no to mass-produced, mega-processed, cheesy whey protein and say yes to Ultra-premium, non-denatured, native, biologically-active Wild Whey protein!
- PREMIUM WHEY PROTEIN MADE FROM RAW MILK – Cows Grass-Fed Year-Round from in South Australia. The Milk used for Wild Whey is GMO-Free, Hormone-Treatment-Free, pesticide and chemical-free, No Added Sugar, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free and undergoes the absolute minimal processing.
- GENTLE PASTEURIZATION WITH IMMEDIATE AIR-COOLING! Wild Whey is made Using Single Pasteurization and Dried With Ambient Air Temperature. This Preserves The Delicate Proteins and Biologically-Active Properties of The Whey.
- EMBRACING THE POWER OF WILD NUTRITION! Wild Grass-Fed Whey includes The Full List of Essential Amino Acids and natural biologically active Components That Are The Result Of Gentle Pasteurizing and Drying of The Wild Milk Gives You More Muscle Growth and Faster Recovery Times Than The Other Proteins On The Market!
- BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE and PURE! The biologically active components that are prevalent in Wild Whey are what lack in conventional whey. This is why these “dead” proteins taste like chalk… because they pretty much are! Wild Whey is never subject to irradiation, micro-filtration, hydrolyzation, ion-exchange or acid-treatment.
8 – Raw Organic Whey – USDA Certified Organic Whey Protein
Our jersey cattle graze on lush, green pastures year round.
These small farm cows are not only healthier but we consider happier too!
Their diet consists of a variety of clover and wild grasses – creating milk rich in omega-3s and CLAs.
The result is a deliciously creamy organic whey protein that’s the highest protein concentration among organic whey powders.
Raw Organic Whey is processed at low temperatures and is higher in antioxidants and other nutrients than conventional whey powders.
Exceptional quality begins with what the cows eat and how they live, which is why our whey comes from jersey cows that are grass-fed on small family farms in the US.
We ensure that these cattle are raised without hormones, antibiotics, steroids, or genetically modified feed (Non-GMO).
Raw Organic Whey tastes so amazing by itself, we do not add any sweeteners, flavors or fillers – only 100% organic protein!
9 – Bulksupplements Pure Whey Protein Isolate Powder
Whey is a substance created during cheese production. It is the liquid content that remains after the milk has curdled and coagulated.
It can be processed and isolated into three different kinds of protein: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, and Whey Protein Hydrolysate.
This unique type of Organic Whey Isolate comes from grass-fed dairy product sources and contains soy and milk ingredients.
Whey is a very abundant source of protein, which accounts for 80% of its total weight. It assembles and repairs muscle tissue and aids in the recovery of exhausted muscles after high-intensity physical exercise.
- Clean & pure powder
- Lab tested for verification & guaranteed purity
- Kosher & Halal certified
- Sourced from grass-fed dairy cows
- Non-GMO & rBST free
10 – 100% Pure Unflavored Cold Processed from Raw Wisconsin Milk | Undenatured + Natural + Non GMO + Gluten Free | Mix in Shake or Smoothie | 1 Pound / 16 oz
100% Unflavored Whey Protein Concentrate and Pure!
Opportuniteas whey is guaranteed to be the highest quality and purity of any whey protein powder anywhere. Is it the greatest? We begin with a top quality raw milk from grass-fed, hormone-free Wisconsin cows. We utilize cold processing and pasteurize the milk only once at the end of the procedure at 163° F for 15 seconds. This powder establishes the new gold standard for unflavored, pure whey protein. Our important selling point is the nutritional value still in our whey that only comes from doing things the best method in every step of the process.
How Is Your Whey Made?
Whey protein powders that are normal come from corn/grain fed, cows that are caged, and sad. This procedure results in a lower quality milk with less health boosting omega 3 ‘s inflammation-boosting omega 6’s, and tiny amounts of advantageous CLA’s. Turning the milk into whey generally means multiple pasteurization’s, acid treatments that damage nutrients and the amino acids in the final product, and warmings. By the time it’s prepared to go in your body, classic whey is only a damaged, naked, diminished fraction of its former self. Because of this procedure, most whey pales in comparison to Opportuniteas pure undenatured whey protein made from raw milk.
Do not settle for low quality damaged whey proteins! Don’t settle for soy, artificial, imitation, or incomplete vegan plant proteins. Get the finest natural whey protein available.
- PREMIUM GRASS FED PROTEIN – Unflavored and we actually mean it. No added sugar, sweeteners, preservatives, colors, or flavors. The lack of a distinct taste makes it the best protein powder for mixing into a shake, smoothie, drink, or food.
- ONLY 1 INGREDIENT.
- 24 GRAMS PROTEIN – Each serving gives you 24 grams of pure protein. The new gold standard for natural, unflavored whey protein powders. Ideal low carb protein shake or smoothie mix.
- MADE THE RIGHT WAY – Our whey is cold processed using raw milk from grassfed, hormone free Wisconsin cows. It’s gmo free and gluten free. Low temperature drying techniques are used to provide a far superior nutritional profile compared to damaged, naked, and diminished conventionally produced whey protein powders.
What is an USDA Organic Certified and why most of the supplements aren’t certified?
A product can be Non-GMO (non-genetically modified) but this doesn’t mean they are always Organic Certified.
The USDA Organic Certification is a certification process for producers of organic food, that adds a lot of costs to the process (farmers and companies), these processes are established from USDA organic standards and describe how farmers should grow crops and maintain as well as the fact that it wouldn’t actually improve the product yet would drastically increase the price. This means the product can be not certified but they way it is made are up to organic standards, for instance not adding growth hormones or antibiotics.
Difference between Whey Proteins:
Organic Whey Protein:
- Is free of the artificial sweeteners and flavors usually found in most non-organic protein powders.
- Is minimally processed and does not use the conventional and dangerous methods of using heat or acid, which reduce the bioavailability of the protein.
- Comes from organic cattle that fed in all-natural pastures and were never treated with hormones or antibiotics.
- Made in the united states in California at an USDA Certified Facility.
Non-organic whey protein powder:
- May include flavors and artificial sweeteners.
- Are, and often may be, processed with heat and/or acid, damaging the protein and bioavailability molecules.
- May come from cows that were treated with hormones, antibiotics, and grain fed.
- Maybe sourced from other nations like India or China, who usually have lower quality standards than the USA.
If you are interested in non-organic whey protein check our cheap protein powder list.
Hope this post helped you out to find the best grass fed whey protein powder which suits you and your goals.
- Best Cheap Whey Protein Powder: Complete Guide
- Best Hemp Protein Powder : Organic Complete Guide
- Top 10 Mass Gainers: The Best Supplement Complete Guide
- Best Creatine Monohydrate Supplements: Top 10 Products Complete Guide
- Best Casein Protein Powder – Top 10 Supplements Complete Guide
- Best Pre-Workout Supplements – Top 10 Products
- Best Thermogenic Fat Burners for Weight Loss – Top 10 Products