I think you will agree with me when I say this:
The protein powder market is a huge market nowadays, due to all of the protein varieties finding one which suits your daily protein intake without neglecting our health is a challenge.
Don’t you think?
Well, turns out, you can increase and achieve your daily protein intake by adding one protein supplement to your nutrition…
That’s why I created a list of Best Hemp Protein Powder. After spending hours researching, testing and getting feedback from friends, I have shortlisted the top 10 organic proteins.
And in today’s post, I’m going to share with you!
Since the popularity of veganism and organic product lifestyle, you may have heard of hemp protein powder recently. After all, organic products tend to be safer and healthier than commercial products for you. Here is a glance at what hemp protein is and how it can help you.
What is Hemp Protein?
Hemp protein is a product from raw hempseed where the seeds have their oil extracted, and the remaining seed meal that’s full of protein relative to the seeds is subsequently processed into Hemp nutritional supplements.
Hemp is what they call the varieties of Cannabis that have hardly or no measurable amounts of the psychoactive compound tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
Benefits of Hemp
Hemp seed as soy or legumes and other beans is not only an excellent source of protein but also contains all the 21 amino acids. Although unlike soybeans, hemp has not been submitted to genetic modification. Hemp cultivation hardly requires pesticides, herbicides or harsh chemicals fertilizers.
This is a plant that lends easily to organic agricultural methods and this makes it a comparatively safer plant.
Hemp Protein is also an excellent source of protein for vegetarians, vegans or for anyone that suffers from a lactose or gluten intolerance.
Best 10 Hemp Protein Powder
The following selection may not seem the cheapest one, although they are a great deal considering the quality-price, taste… These Plant Protein are TOP.
This is the reason why we recommend them for you.
|Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder||21g||150||2.03lbs (920G)||Check Price|
|Viva Labs - Cold -Milled for Higher Absorption||15g||110||3lbs (1.36KG)||Check Price|
|Nutiva Organic Hi Fiber||11g||80||3lbs (1.36KG)||Check Price|
|Sunwarrior - Warrior Blend, RAW Plant Based Protein||16g||100||2.2lbs (1KG)||Check Price|
|Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 Protein Supplement||20g||140||1lbs (454G)||Check Price|
|Bob's Red Mill||14g||120||1lbs (453G)||Check Price|
|Just Hemp Foods 50 Percent||16g||130||1lbs (454G)||Check Price|
|Nature's Way Hemp Protein and Fiber Powder||11g||130||16 oz (454g)||Check Price|
|Jarrow Formulas (Organic), Supports Gastrointestinal, Immune & Respiratory Health||15g||120||16 oz (454G)||Check Price|
|HempHelix||14g||120||3 Pound / 32 oz (454g)||Check Price|
1 – Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
Orgain Protein Powder is a naturally smooth and delicious nourishment beverage with 21g of organic protein per serving and 5g organic fiber.
USDA Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy-Free.
No artificial flavors, preservatives or colors.
- Ideal for healthy, on-the-go nourishment for busy professionals, moms, athletes and students.
- 21g Organic Plant Based Protein, 5g Organic Fiber, 3g Net Carbs, 150 Calories per Serving.
- Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy-Free.
- USDA Organic.
Story behind Orgain:
Orgain® was founded in 2008 by Andrew Abraham, M.D., a physician and cancer survivor who was disappointed with the nutritional shake offerings on the marketplace. After being diagnosed with cancer, Dr. Abraham got extensive treatment, forcing him to rely on liquid nutrition. Mainstream brands that are “ were loaded with high fructose corn syrup, genetically modified soy, artificial flavors, preservatives and tasted horrid. I created Orgain® out of necessity and focused on the greatest quality, organic ingredients possible to develop a nutritionally complete, high protein nutritional shake that is considered the gold standard in nutritional shakes by many leading pros in the industry.”
2 – Viva Labs – Cold – Milled for Higher Absorption
Hemp: Nature’s Wonder Harvest
Commended as a modern day superfood, foodies and smoothie lovers is enchanting everywhere with dense nutrients and its nutty flavor as a treatment that is satisfying complement to any diet in need of some hemp!
High Concentration – Our hemp protein provides 15g of easily digested and highly consumed vegetarian protein per serving, condensed at 50% with the right amount of fiber to help meet dietary demands.
Digestibility – Contrary to proteins like whey and casein, our hemp is a highly digestible gluten-free grain that makes it highly tolerable for sensitive tummies.
Versatility – Free from all common allergens, hemp protein is suitable for restricted diets including, Paleo, FODMAP, low-carb, gluten-free and more.
The Viva Labs Difference
Harvesting the very best hemp from neighboring Canadian farmers, our precious seeds are carefully shelled and pressed to unveil the nutty flavor and wholesome nourishment of hemp. The closing yield called “hemp cake” is sifted to a fine consistency, removing the gritty outside found in other hemp products. Cold-milled and never heated, Viva Labs ensures our proprietary milling process condenses one of the greatest protein values for greater absorption and bioavailability. Viva Labs Organic Hemp Protein is guaranteed to be free from preservatives and harsh solvents, supplying a nutritious source of essential nutrients like omega fatty acids, iron, magnesium and more!
- COLD-MILLED AND HIGHLY CONCENTRATED – Our proprietary cold milling process ensures our hemp sifted and is never heated to the finest level for maximum protein concentration. Attributes 15g of protein in every serving for mix that is smooth and easy!
- BOOST ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE – Our unique sifting approach ensures gritty deposits is eliminated, and amino acid values are kept high. Simply add our hemp protein to your daily Viva milkshake or smoothie for immediate nutrients and satisfyingly great flavor. Suitable for shaker cups as a fast post-work out replenishment!
- FILL HUNGER AND CONTROL CRAVINGS – Unlike whey and soy protein, our hemp protein is free allergen friendly and includes substantial fiber to help keep you satisfied all day long. Supplies 7g of fiber per serving!
- BAKE HEART-HEALTHY TREATS – Indulge in our hemp protein’s unrivaled nutty, wholesome taste and readily prepare gluten free protein bars, muffins, biscuits and low-glycemic treats. Paleo and low carb friendly too!
- FINEST CROPS GUARANTEED – Certified organic and non-GMO, Viva Labs works closely with select Canadian farmers to ensure only the finest hemp crops are picked and grown pesticide-free.
- No extra flavors, sweeteners or other fixings!
3 – Nutiva Organic Hi-Fiber
Nutiva now has two healthful, cold-milled, organic hemp protein offerings.
Our original award-winning protein fiber contains 37% protein, 43% fiber, and 10% fat.
The protein fiber is ideal for individuals looking to raise their total fiber consumption.
Our latest offering — hemp protein 50% contains 50% protein, 20% fiber and fat that is 11%.
Our Protein 50% is brilliant for sportsmen and smoothie -lovers who want outstanding flavor and higher protein.
We simply sift out more of the fiber to boost the protein content to 50%, yielding a sweet, smooth, and light powder. It’s so tasty many of our customers report they love to eat it off the spoon.
- Made from USDA-certified-organic hempseeds
- A flavorful high-fiber protein drink mix, The product has 2 different dates on bundle one will be greatest by date and another will be creation date.
- 37% protein, 43% fiber, 9% beneficial fats, 0 net carbs (after subtracting for fiber).
- Stir into juices, smoothies; also add to cereal, yogurt, batter mixes.
- Hempseeds legal grown by Canadian farmers.
4 – Sunwarrior – Warrior Blend, RAW Plant Based Protein
What makes WARRIOR BLEND so spectacular? Synergy!
Each ingredient is special but when selectively combined in a ground-breaking new formula that is proprietary, WARRIOR BLEND is overwhelmingly superior to any of its single elements.
This dynamic fusion creates a unique, raw, plant-based protein with a complete amino acid profile, exceptionally high in Glutamine, Arginine, Lysine, Luecine, and branch chain amino acids.
WARRIOR BLEND is the next generation raw, plant-based protein. An easily- digestible, nutrient-packed, superfood, perfect for those who want to be ultra- fit and healthy. Best of all, it tastes incredible!
- UNLEASH YOUR INNER WARRIOR: The next generation in raw, plant-based protein is here, breaking through the constraints of other protein powders. Warrior Blend is an easily digestible, nutrient filled superfood perfect for anyone who needs to amplify their well-being and fitness.
- AN UNPARALLELED FUSION: Warrior Blend multiplies and fuses the power of several rich protein sources into one smooth, great-tasting formula that’s overwhelmingly superior to the individual elements alone.
- COMPLETE AMINO ACID PROFILE: Medium chain triglycerides from coconut then join this dynamic fusion to create a unique, raw, plant-based protein with a complete amino acid profile branched chain amino acids, and extraordinarily abundant with Arginine, Lysine, Leucine.
- OUR BODIES CRAVE ACTUAL FOOD: We consider that plants supply the cleanest and most strong foods, rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients we are just beginning to comprehend. Our bodies crave food that is real, particularly in this age where everything we eat is heavily processed by us, stripping out nutrients and all the benefits well before we have a chance to use them.
5 – Manitoba Harvest Pro 70 Protein Supplement
Manitoba Harvest HempPro 70 is the world’s first water soluble (mixes readily and totally into any beverage) hemp protein powder.
Just add HempPro 70 to a shaker cup with any delicious drink (juice or your favorite non-dairy beverage), shake well and love nutrition on the go!
With 20 grams of protein per 30 g HempPro 70 is an easily digestible, entire plant based protein, offering all essential amino acids – great for vegan or vegetarian diets.
It’s light tasting with a creamy texture that is certainly delicious added to your favorite smoothie recipe, or stirred into yogurt, hot cereal and is great for baking!
Manitoba Harvest is the world largest hemp food manufacturer that make, to grow and sell our own line of hemp foods.
Our producer partners deliver entire seed directly to our state-of-the-art, BRC (the highest level of food safety and quality certification in the world) certified facility.
After processing, we package HempPro 70 in light impermeable jars flushed with nitrogen to lock in the freshness. As with all Manitoba Harvest products, HempPro 70, is Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Unbelievably nutritious with 20g protein, 3.4g omegas per 30g serving.
- Easily digestible, water soluble, Kosher.
- Can be stirred into yogurt, granola or hot cereal, is great for baking and protein shakes.
- 100% plant-based vegan protein powder, dairy-free, whey free.
- Non-GMO, made with 100% wind power, paleo, raw.
6 – Bob’s Red Mill
A Natural Way to Healthy Life
In a time and age when natural is being rapidly recovered in everyday life for healthier and better living, there is newer developments everyday which helps us reach these goals.
Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Protein Powder contains the goodness of Hemp seeds, one of the best nature sources for plant-based protein. Incorporating this in our day-to-day food including yogurts, milkshakes or smoothies will assist in the growth of a healthy lifestyle.
- All natural
- Rich in Amino acids
- Contains 43% protein
- Replacing 25% of the flour in baking, Bob’s Red Mill can work wonders for a healthy mind and body.
- Just For You: The entire family
- Essential Elements: All the essential amino acids that are included in this highly versatile Hemp protein powder gives the much-needed boost to begin a day.
- Free of: Fiber gluten
7 – Just Hemp Foods 50%
Our pure, plant-based protein powder is gluten, soy, and lactose-free, but rich in essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
Add our protein supplement to all your healthy recipes for a boost of natural, plant-based protein.
- Pure, simple nutrition you can trust
- 16g plant based protein, 2,7g omega 3 and 6, and 6g fiber per serving
- We start with only the highest quality hemp seed
- Add our protein supplement to all your healthy recipes for a boost of natural, plant-based protein.
- 100 % Canadian sourced hemp processed and packaged in a GFSI certified facility.
8 – Nature’s Way EfaGold
Nature’s Way EFAGold is the highest quality Hemp seed powder and one of nature’s richest sources of protein fiber and essential fatty acids – guaranteed to include 13 grams Fiber and 11 grams Protein per serving all from non-GMO seeds.
Our EfaGold powder has a natural taste that is fantastic and is delicious. It has zero trans fat and is Organic chilly milled unrefined hexane free.
You can get your daily fiber (soluble insoluble) and protein needs plus additional vitamins minerals lignans all 8 essential amino acids and EFAs.
We believe in quality control from the soil to the oil Our involvement begins in the fields with the growers and continues through harvesting seed selection milling and purity testing.
Suggested Use As a dietary supplement add 4 tablespoons to a favorite juice smoothie or other beverage. Can be sprinkled on cereals and yogurt or added to a favorite muffin recipe.
- Include 13 grams Fiber and 11 grams Protein per serving all from non-GMO seeds.
- All 8 essential amino acids and EFAs.
9 – Jarrow Formulas (Organic), Supports Gastrointestinal, Immune & Respiratory Health
Jarrow Formulas is a good source of protein including more of the nine essential amino acids (4.5 grams per serving) than soy or egg proteins in the kind of readily digestible globular proteins. Jarrow Formulas Organic Protein also provides essential fatty acids (2.7 grams per serving) in the recommended 31 omega 6 to omega-3 ratio.
Jarrow Formulas Organic Protein is manufactured using a proprietary cold-processing system to preserve the integrity of the proteins and phytonutrients.
Unflavored Organic Powder Complete Spectrum of Amino Acids 100 Organic Vegan Kosher Non-GMO Proprietary Cold-Press Protein Extraction Suitable for vegans that are vegetarians.
Recommended Use As a dietary supplement add 2 level scoops to water other beverages or fresh juice or your favorite smoothie recipe.
Might also be used as a topping for salads cereals and soups.
- Unflavored Organic Protein Powder.
- Complete Spectrum of Amino Acids.
- 100% Organic, Vegan, Kosher & Non-GMO.
- Proprietary Cold-Press Protein Extraction.
10 – HempHelix
Made from the seeds of a hemp plant, our protein powder is an excellent add-on to a diet that is balanced.
Hemp seeds provide a protein source that nourishes your body in a way that is sustainable and healthful and is readily digestible.
Each portion of HempHelix protein powder contains 14g of high-quality protein and only 120 calories.
Hemp foods have acquired “Superfood” status because of their numerous benefits.
- Four tablespoons of our protein contains 14g of high quality, easily digestible, protein.
- Contains 21 amino acids; including the 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
- Taste great in shakes, smoothies, or any recipe such as lasagna and soups.
- Organic / Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Vegan, Soy Free.
- Contains B Vitamins, iron, copper, folate, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc.
Hemp is a remarkably diverse harvest that can be grown for both food and nonfood purposes. Hemp seed, which is used to make hemp protein, is composed of approximately 45 percent oil, 35 percent protein and 10 percent carbs. The hemp seed possesses many nutritional advantages, according to Agriculture and Agri-food Canada. As well as its health benefits, hemp is very environmentally friendly, as it can be grown without using fungicides, herbicides, and pesticides and it efficiently absorbs carbon dioxide.
Hemp protein is a high-quality supply of protein because of its high speed of digestibility. The better a protein is digested, the more efficiently it may be used by the body. The digestibility of any given protein is related to the concentrations of its amino acids. A study printed in 2010 in the “Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry” analyzed the protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score (PDAAS) – a rating that determines the bioavailability of a protein – for various proteins derived in the hemp seed. The results revealed that hemp seed proteins have PDAAS values greater than or equal to legumes, nuts, and some grains.
Hope this post helped you out to find the best hemp protein powder which suits you and your goals.