I think you will agree with me when I say this:
The protein powder market is a huge market nowadays, due to all of the protein varieties finding one which suits your daily protein intake without neglecting our health is a challenge.
Don’t you think?
Well, turns out, you can increase and achieve your daily protein intake by adding one protein supplement to your nutrition…
That’s why I created a list of Best Hemp Protein Powder. After spending hours researching, testing and getting feedback from friends, I have shortlisted the top 10 organic proteins.
And in today’s post, I’m going to share with you!
Since the popularity of veganism and organic product lifestyle, you may have heard of hemp protein powder recently. After all, organic products tend to be safer and healthier than commercial products for you. Here is a glance at what hemp protein is and how it can help you.
Best 10 Hemp Protein Powder
The following selection may not seem the cheapest one, although they are a great deal considering the quality-price, taste… These Plant Protein are TOP.
This is the reason why we recommend them for you.
|Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder||21g||150||2.03lbs (920G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Viva Labs - Cold -Milled for Higher Absorption||15g||110||3lbs (1.36KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Nutiva Organic Hi Fiber||11g||80||3lbs (1.36KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Sunwarrior - Warrior Blend, RAW Plant Based Protein||16g||100||2.2lbs (1KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 Protein Supplement||20g||140||1lbs (454G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Bob's Red Mill||14g||120||1lbs (453G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Just Hemp Foods 50 Percent||16g||130||1lbs (454G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Nature's Way Hemp Protein and Fiber Powder||11g||130||16 oz (454g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Jarrow Formulas (Organic), Supports Gastrointestinal, Immune & Respiratory Health||15g||120||16 oz (454G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|HempHelix||14g||120||3 Pound / 32 oz (454g)||Check Price on Amazon|
1 – Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
Orgain Protein Powder is a naturally smooth and delicious nourishment beverage with 21g of organic protein per serving and 5g organic fiber.
USDA Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy-Free.
No artificial flavors, preservatives or colors.
- Ideal for healthy, on-the-go nourishment for busy professionals, moms, athletes, and students.
- 21g Organic Plant Based Protein, 5g Organic Fiber, 3g Net Carbs, 150 Calories per Serving.
- Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy-Free.
- USDA Organic.
Story behind Orgain:
Orgain® was founded in 2008 by Andrew Abraham, M.D., a physician and cancer survivor who was disappointed with the nutritional shake offerings on the marketplace. After being diagnosed with cancer, Dr. Abraham got extensive treatment, forcing him to rely on liquid nutrition. Mainstream brands that are “ were loaded with high fructose corn syrup, genetically modified soy, artificial flavors, preservatives and tasted horrid. I created Orgain® out of necessity and focused on the greatest quality, organic ingredients possible to develop a nutritionally complete, high protein nutritional shake that is considered the gold standard in nutritional shakes by many leading pros in the industry.”Check Price on Amazon
2 – Viva Labs – Cold – Milled for Higher Absorption
Hemp: Nature’s Wonder Harvest
Commended as a modern-day superfood, foodies and smoothie lovers is enchanting everywhere with dense nutrients and its nutty flavor as a treatment that is satisfying complement to any diet in need of some hemp!
High Concentration – Our hemp protein provides 15g of easily digested and highly consumed vegetarian protein per serving, condensed at 50% with the right amount of fiber to help meet dietary demands.
Digestibility – Contrary to proteins like whey and casein, our hemp is a highly digestible gluten-free grain that makes it highly tolerable for sensitive tummies.
Versatility – Free from all common allergens, hemp protein is suitable for restricted diets including, Paleo, FODMAP, low-carb, gluten-free and more.
The Viva Labs Difference
Harvesting the very best hemp from neighboring Canadian farmers, our precious seeds are carefully shelled and pressed to unveil the nutty flavor and wholesome nourishment of hemp. The closing yield called “hemp cake” is sifted to a fine consistency, removing the gritty outside found in other hemp products. Cold-milled and never heated, Viva Labs ensures our proprietary milling process condenses one of the greatest protein values for greater absorption and bioavailability. Viva Labs Organic Hemp Protein is guaranteed to be free from preservatives and harsh solvents, supplying a nutritious source of essential nutrients like omega fatty acids, iron, magnesium and more!
- COLD-MILLED AND HIGHLY CONCENTRATED – Our proprietary cold milling process ensures our hemp sifted and is never heated to the finest level for maximum protein concentration. Attributes 15g of protein in every serving for a mix that is smooth and easy!
- BOOST ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE – Our unique sifting approach ensures gritty deposits is eliminated, and amino acid values are kept high. Simply add our hemp protein to your daily Viva milkshake or smoothie for immediate nutrients and satisfyingly great flavor. Suitable for shaker cups as a fast post-workout replenishment!
- FILL HUNGER AND CONTROL CRAVINGS – Unlike whey and soy protein, our hemp protein is free allergen friendly and includes substantial fiber to help keep you satisfied all day long. Supplies 7g of fiber per serving!
- BAKE HEART-HEALTHY TREATS – Indulge in our hemp protein’s unrivaled nutty, wholesome taste and readily prepare gluten-free protein bars, muffins, biscuits, and low-glycemic treats. Paleo and low carb friendly too!
- FINEST CROPS GUARANTEED – Certified organic and non-GMO, Viva Labs works closely with select Canadian farmers to ensure only the finest hemp crops are picked and grown pesticide-free.
- No extra flavors, sweeteners or other fixings!
3 – Nutiva Organic Hi-Fiber
Nutiva now has two healthful, cold-milled, organic hemp protein offerings.
Our original award-winning protein fiber contains 37% protein, 43% fiber, and 10% fat.
The protein fiber is ideal for individuals looking to raise their total fiber consumption.
Our latest offering — hemp protein 50% contains 50% protein, 20% fiber and fat that is 11%.
Our Protein 50% is brilliant for sportsmen and smoothie-lovers who want outstanding flavor and higher protein.
We simply sift out more of the fiber to boost the protein content to 50%, yielding a sweet, smooth, and light powder. It’s so tasty many of our customers report they love to eat it off the spoon.
- Made from USDA-certified-organic hempseeds
- A flavorful high-fiber protein drink mix, The product has 2 different dates on bundle one will be greatest by date and another will be creation date.
- 37% protein, 43% fiber, 9% beneficial fats, 0 net carbs (after subtracting for fiber).
- Stir into juices, smoothies; also add to cereal, yogurt, batter mixes.
- Hempseeds legal grown by Canadian farmers.
4 – Sunwarrior – Warrior Blend, RAW Plant Based Protein
What makes WARRIOR BLEND so spectacular? Synergy!
Each ingredient is special but when selectively combined in a ground-breaking new formula that is proprietary, WARRIOR BLEND is overwhelmingly superior to any of its single elements.
This dynamic fusion creates a unique, raw, plant-based protein with a complete amino acid profile, exceptionally high in Glutamine, Arginine, Lysine, Luecine, and branch chain amino acids.
WARRIOR BLEND is the next generation raw, plant-based protein. An easily- digestible, nutrient-packed, superfood, perfect for those who want to be ultra- fit and healthy. Best of all, it tastes incredible!
- UNLEASH YOUR INNER WARRIOR: The next generation in raw, plant-based protein is here, breaking through the constraints of other protein powders. Warrior Blend is an easily digestible, nutrient filled superfood perfect for anyone who needs to amplify their well-being and fitness.
- AN UNPARALLELED FUSION: Warrior Blend multiplies and fuses the power of several rich protein sources into one smooth, great-tasting formula that’s overwhelmingly superior to the individual elements alone.
- COMPLETE AMINO ACID PROFILE: Medium chain triglycerides from coconut then join this dynamic fusion to create a unique, raw, plant-based protein with a complete amino acid profile branched chain amino acids, and extraordinarily abundant with Arginine, Lysine, Leucine.
- OUR BODIES CRAVE ACTUAL FOOD: We consider that plants supply the cleanest and most strong foods, rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients we are just beginning to comprehend. Our bodies crave food that is real, particularly in this age where everything we eat is heavily processed by us, stripping out nutrients and all the benefits well before we have a chance to use them.
5 – Manitoba Harvest Pro 70 Protein Supplement
Manitoba Harvest HempPro 70 is the world’s first water soluble (mixes readily and totally into any beverage) hemp protein powder.
Just add HempPro 70 to a shaker cup with any delicious drink (juice or your favorite non-dairy beverage), shake well and love nutrition on the go!
With 20 grams of protein per 30 g HempPro 70 is an easily digestible, entire plant-based protein, offering all essential amino acids – great for vegan or vegetarian diets.
It’s light tasting with a creamy texture that is certainly delicious added to your favorite smoothie recipe, or stirred into yogurt, hot cereal and is great for baking!
Manitoba Harvest is the world largest hemp food manufacturer that make, to grow and sell our own line of hemp foods.
Our producer partners deliver entire seed directly to our state-of-the-art, BRC (the highest level of food safety and quality certification in the world) certified facility.
After processing, we package HempPro 70 in light impermeable jars flushed with nitrogen to lock in the freshness. As with all Manitoba Harvest products, HempPro 70, is Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Unbelievably nutritious with 20g protein, 3.4g omegas per 30g serving.
- Easily digestible, water soluble, Kosher.
- Can be stirred into yogurt, granola or hot cereal is great for baking and protein shakes.
- 100% plant-based vegan protein powder, dairy-free, whey free.
- Non-GMO, made with 100% wind power, paleo, raw.
6 – Bob’s Red Mill
A Natural Way to Healthy Life
In a time and age when natural is being rapidly recovered in everyday life for a healthier and better living, there are newer developments every day which helps us reach these goals.
Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Protein Powder contains the goodness of Hemp seeds, one of the best natural sources for plant-based protein. Incorporating this in our day-to-day food including yogurts, milkshakes or smoothies will assist in the growth of a healthy lifestyle.
- All natural
- Rich in Amino acids
- Contains 43% protein
- Replacing 25% of the flour in baking, Bob’s Red Mill can work wonders for a healthy mind and body.
- Just For You: The entire family
- Essential Elements: All the essential amino acids that are included in this highly versatile Hemp protein powder gives the much-needed boost to begin a day.
- Free of: Fiber gluten
7 – Just Hemp Foods 50%
Our pure, plant-based protein powder is gluten, soy, and lactose-free, but rich in essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
Add our protein supplement to all your healthy recipes for a boost of natural, plant-based protein.
- Pure, simple nutrition you can trust
- 16g plant based protein, 2,7g omega 3 and 6, and 6g fiber per serving
- We start with only the highest quality hemp seed
- Add our protein supplement to all your healthy recipes for a boost of natural, plant-based protein.
- 100 % Canadian sourced hemp processed and packaged in a GFSI certified facility.
8 – Nature’s Way EfaGold
Nature’s Way EFAGold is the highest quality Hemp seed powder and one of nature’s richest sources of protein fiber and essential fatty acids – guaranteed to include 13 grams Fiber and 11 grams Protein per serving all from non-GMO seeds.
Our EfaGold powder has a natural taste that is fantastic and is delicious. It has zero trans fat and is Organic chilly milled unrefined hexane free.
You can get your daily fiber (soluble insoluble) and protein needs plus additional vitamins minerals lignans all 8 essential amino acids and EFAs.
We believe in quality control from the soil to the oil Our involvement begins in the fields with the growers and continues through harvesting seed selection milling and purity testing.
Suggested Use As a dietary supplement adds 4 tablespoons to a favorite juice smoothie or other beverage. Can be sprinkled on cereals and yogurt or added to a favorite muffin recipe.
- Include 13 grams Fiber and 11 grams Protein per serving all from non-GMO seeds.
- All 8 essential amino acids and EFAs.
9 – Jarrow Formulas (Organic), Supports Gastrointestinal, Immune & Respiratory Health
Jarrow Formulas is a good source of protein including more of the nine essential amino acids (4.5 grams per serving) than soy or egg proteins in the kind of readily digestible globular proteins. Jarrow Formulas Organic Protein also provides essential fatty acids (2.7 grams per serving) in the recommended 31 omega 6 to omega-3 ratio.
Jarrow Formulas Organic Protein is manufactured using a proprietary cold-processing system to preserve the integrity of the proteins and phytonutrients.
Unflavored Organic Powder Complete Spectrum of Amino Acids 100 Organic Vegan Kosher Non-GMO Proprietary Cold-Press Protein Extraction Suitable for vegans that are vegetarians.
Recommended Use As a dietary supplement add 2 level scoops to water other beverages or fresh juice or your favorite smoothie recipe.
Might also be used as a topping for salads cereals and soups.
- Unflavored Organic Protein Powder.
- Complete Spectrum of Amino Acids.
- 100% Organic, Vegan, Kosher & Non-GMO.
- Proprietary Cold-Press Protein Extraction.
10 – HempHelix
Made from the seeds of a hemp plant, our protein powder is an excellent add-on to a diet that is balanced.
Hemp seeds provide a protein source that nourishes your body in a way that is sustainable and healthful and is readily digestible.
Each portion of HempHelix protein powder contains 14g of high-quality protein and only 120 calories.
Hemp foods have acquired “Superfood” status because of their numerous benefits.
- Four tablespoons of our protein contain 14g of high quality, easily digestible, protein.
- Contains 21 amino acids; including the 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
- Taste great in shakes, smoothies, or any recipe such as lasagna and soups.
- Organic / Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Vegan, Soy Free.
- Contains B Vitamins, iron, copper, folate, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc.
What is Hemp Protein Powder?
Hemp protein is a product from raw hempseed where the seeds have their oil extracted, and the remaining seed meal that’s full of protein relative to the seeds is subsequently processed into Hemp nutritional supplements.
Hemp is what they call the varieties of Cannabis that has hardly or no measurable amounts of the psychoactive compound tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
In case you are looking to boost your daily protein intake using a fiber-rich protein diet then you can never go wrong with hemp protein powder. It is normally obtained from the seeds of the hemp plant which is a variant species of Cannabis Sativa. Recent research shows that it has less than 1% THC levels which make it work better when ingested with other food. Currently, it is not only proving to be a rich source of protein for vegans but also a great option for people seeking gluten-free protein powders.
The Nutritional Value
Apart from its protein content, Hemp protein powder is also rich in other nutrients that are very crucial for body functions and so for every 100 g serving of Hemp Protein powder you will get;
- 1495kj Calories (18% DV)
- 50 G Protein (100% DV)
- 28.6 g Carbohydrates ( 10% DV)
- 714 IU Vitamin A (14% DV)
- 7.1 % Fat and fatty acids ( 11% DV)
- 143 mg calcium (14% DV)
- 12.9 mg Iron ( 71 % DV)
Benefits of Hemp
It has a high-quality protein Content
The protein that comes with hemp protein powder contains all the essential amino acids that your body needs. And this means it is highly digestible thereby providing your body with all the protein it needs to build and maintain body mass. In fact, for every 100 g serving of the protein powder, your body will get 50 gram of protein with a daily percentage value of 100%.
It is Rich in Fiber
Hemp protein powder is also known to contain high levels of dietary fiber that stands at 28.6 g with a daily percentage value of 114 % for every 100gram serving. This fiber is very critical as it is what your body needs to normalize bowel movements for efficient digestion. It also goes a long way in reducing the harmful cholesterol levels in your body minimizing blood pressure and inflammation to a great degree.
It is Rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids
The hemp seed from which hemp protein powder is derived is known to be very rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Now, these acids are crucial for not only controlling cardiovascular diseases but also lowering the blood pressure in the body by a great degree. They also play a big role in protecting the body against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
It is Gluten Free
Another key advantage of this protein powder is the fact that it is gluten-free. Thus consuming it will ensure that you are not exposed to the dangers of gluten like gut inflammation especially in people with celiac disease. This gluten-induced gut inflammation also affects how your intestines absorb food thereby denying the body key nutrients. You don’t want that, do you?
Supports Bone Health
It is also rich in omega 6 fatty acids which are very crucial for the development of bone health. This is because these polyunsaturated fatty acids play a key role in preserving skeletal formation as we age thereby limiting any damage to the bones. It will thus save you from some of the most common bone-related diseases like osteoporosis.
Hemp seed as soy or legumes and other beans is not only an excellent source of protein but also contains all the 21 amino acids. Although unlike soybeans, hemp has not been submitted to genetic modification. Hemp cultivation hardly requires pesticides, herbicides or harsh chemicals fertilizers.
This is a plant that lends easily to organic agricultural methods and this makes it a comparatively safer plant.
Hemp Protein is also an excellent source of protein for vegetarians, vegans or for anyone that suffers from a lactose or gluten intolerance.
Hemp Protein Powder Side Effects
Leads to weight gain
If you are not careful in your consumption of hemp protein powder it will lead to a significant increase in weight gain. The reason behind this is the fact that hemp protein powder contains high amounts of fat and carbohydrates which will automatically increase the number of calories you consume in a day.
If you are new to hemp protein powder then it is advisable that you consume it in very limited amounts. This is because if you consume it in large amounts it will cause your intestines a very high level of gastrointestinal distress which normally manifests in the form of bloating and diarrhea.
Thought this protein powder is known to have low THC levels, it might work very well for people who have THC sensitivity. Normally, it will affect such people by making them experience hallucinations. It is thus important to take it in very minimal amounts.
If don’t exercise caution regarding the places that you source for your hemp protein powder you might end up packing your body with poison. This is because in the market today we have manufacturers who add fillers to the hemp protein powder which might contain harmful metals like lead that slowly poison the body.
Hemp Protein Powder TakeAways
- It is completely gluten free thus very safe for people with celiac disease.
- It contains a high level of fiber which eases bowel movements to aid digestion.
- It has a high protein content that is made up of all the essential amino acids needed by the body.
- It contains Omega 3 fatty acids which are very helpful in fighting inflammation and blood pressure.
- It has omega 6 fatty acids that are key to the maintenance of bone health by preserving skeletal formation.
- If consumed in large quantities it leads to unhealthy weight gain.
- Always go for the organic option of the hemp protein powder as it is much safe.
Hemp is a remarkably diverse harvest that can be grown for both food and nonfood purposes. Hemp seed, which is used to make hemp protein, is composed of approximately 45 percent oil, 35 percent protein and 10 percent carbs. The hemp seed possesses many nutritional advantages, according to Agriculture and Agri-food Canada. As well as its health benefits, hemp is very environmentally friendly, as it can be grown without using fungicides, herbicides, and pesticides and it efficiently absorbs carbon dioxide.
Hemp protein is a high-quality supply of protein because of its high speed of digestibility. The better a protein is digested, the more efficiently it may be used by the body. The digestibility of any given protein is related to the concentrations of its amino acids. A study printed in 2010 in the “Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry” analyzed the protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score (PDAAS) – a rating that determines the bioavailability of a protein – for various proteins derived in the hemp seed. The results revealed that hemp seed proteins have PDAAS values greater than or equal to legumes, nuts, and some grains.
Hope this post helped you out to find the best hemp protein powder which suits you and your goals.