I think you will agree with me when I say:
Nowadays, with our busy lives achieving our caloric and protein intake needs it’s REALLY hard only with food…
Well, turns out, you can increase and achieve your daily protein intake by adding one whey protein supplement…
…Although, finding that GOOD protein isn’t an easy job.
That’s why we created a list of Best Pea Protein Protein Powder. After spending hours researching, testing and conversations with friends, I have shortlisted the top 10 organic proteins.
And in today’s post, I’m going to share it with you!
Protein powders are regarded as an effective supplement for building lean muscles and shedding those extra kilos. Pea protein is worth mentioning in this aspect. It is also a great option if you are suffering from any type of food sensitivity or allergies. They are devoid of the sow, dairy, gluten, egg, wheat and hence it is considered to be one of the safest protein options, in the market.
What is Pea Protein?
Pea protein powder contributes to being a supplement that is made by the extraction of protein from the yellow split peas. At first, the peas are dried and ground into the fine flour, next to which it should be mixed with water.
After this, the fiber and starch are removed, to extract the protein. It is enriched with all the essential amino acids, other than methionine. It is known to be a high-quality protein and can be useful in boosting muscle growth. It is also considered to be a perfect source of iron and promotes good heart health.
Best 10 Pea Protein Powder
Since there’s a rise in organic product use, you may have heard of organic whey protein recently. After all, organic products tend to be safer and more healthy than commercial products for you. Here is a glimpse of what organic whey protein is and how it can help you.
First of all, you should understand that all-natural products, generally, don’t include any pesticides or harsh chemicals. So, such products are substantially more healthy for people than those products that may be located in shops.
The following selection may not seem the cheapest one, although they are a great deal considering the price ratio, product quality, taste… These Whey Protein are TOP NOTCH.
|Transparent Labs - PROTEINSERIES ORGANIC VEGAN - Rice & Pea Protein||24g||140||2.12 (960g)||Check Price on Transparent Labs|
|PlantFusion Complete - Plant Based Pea Protein Powder, Non-GMO, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Allergy Free w/Digestive Enzymes, Dietary Supplement100%||25g||120||2lb (900g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Naked Nutrition - 100% Pea Protein Powder from North American Farms - Vegan Pea Protein Isolate - Plant Protein Powder, Easy to Digest - Speeds Muscle Recovery||27g||120||5lb (2.27KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|NOW Sports Nutrition - Pea Protein Powder||24g||120||7lb (3175G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|BulkSupplements - Pure Pea Protein Powder||24g||110||2.2lbs (1KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Micro Ingredients - Organic Pea Protein Powder - Organic Protein from Plants, Easy to Digest, Rich in Essential Amino Acids, Flavonoids and Minerals, No GMOs and Vegan Friendly||30g||120||2.2lbs (1KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Naturade - Vegansmart - Plant Based Organic Pea Protein Powder||20g||140||1.1lbs (504g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Anthony's - Premium Pea Protein, Plant Based, Gluten Free, Unflavored, Vegan, Keto Friendly||8g||35||2lbs (907g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Source Organic - Premium Pea Protein Isolate - 100% Vegan and Organic - UNFLAVORED||22g||100||2lbs (907g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Terrasoul Superfoods - Organic Pea Protein||8g||37||1.5 pounds (680g)||Check Price on Amazon|
1 – Transparent Labs – PROTEINSERIES ORGANIC VEGAN – Rice & Pea Protein
Not only is this protein 100% vegan and free of artificial flavoring and sweeteners, it is also USDA Organic Certified.
ProteinSeries Organic Vegan has a protein base of 2:1 rice to pea protein ratio. This creates a smooth and reduced grit texture that is not only delicious but easy on the digestive system. In addition to packing a heavy protein punch (at 24 grams), Organic Vegan also contains a whopping 4 grams of fiber per serving (perhaps one of the most understated components of a plant based protein).
Vegan protein is not just for people adhering to a vegan diet but is a powerful source of protein and fiber for anyone who is focused on total health optimization.
- 2 Flavors to choose from.
- 24 GRAMS PROTEIN – Each serving gives you 24 grams of pure protein.
- USDA Organic
- No Artificial Sweeteners, No Artificial Coloring, Gluten-Free & Non-GMO, No Artificial Preservatives
2 – PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder
There’s a motivation behind why most protein shakes appear to be identical. The greater part of them are altogether made a similar way, utilizing similar fixings. At the point when we began PlantFusion, we settled on a decision to utilize better ingredients like yellow peas from the northern hills of France and better flavors like vanilla bean from Madagascar.
- NO CHEAP FILLERS! – Certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free and Vegan-friendly protein powder that you can feel good about. As part of our Purity Promise we are also committed to being non-dairy, non-soy, non-whey, and free of rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors and colors.
- SUSTAINS ENERGY – Our naturally flavored vanilla protein powder for men and women is packed with 21g of plant-based proteins including peas, artichokes, algae and organic superfoods, all hand-selected as part of our Select Source process.
- BUILDS & REPAIRS MUSCLE – Amino acid infused protein blend for complete balance. The only plant protein powder that compares to animal proteins like whey.
- EASY TO DIGEST – Fortified with digestive enzymes, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and free of many other major allergens.
- NATURALLY DELICIOUS – Our Flavor Pure blend contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners and consistently ranks as one of the best tasting protein shakes by consumers. 2 Lb tub contains 30 healthy delicious servings.
3 – Naked Nutrition – 100% Pea Protein Powder
Our one ingredient Naked Pea and only 3 ingredient flavored options are the perfect base for you to create pre and post workout shakes, smoothies and recipes. Big brands use artificial sweeteners and additives to pad the bottom line, not improve your health. Easily control what goes into your body and the flavor by adding a banana, blueberries and more.
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Yellow Pea Protein with zero additives. Naked Pea contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-Free, Soy Free and Gluten-Free.
- VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER: Dairy Free and made solely from raw yellow peas grown on environmentally friendly farms in both the USA and Canada.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 27g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 2g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.7g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- PROTEIN SHAKES AND RECIPES: Create pure pea protein shakes, vegan smoothies and healthy green drinks. Provide your body with the daily protein it needs by adding to tea, sauces, and other recipes.
- CLEAN MUSCLE GAINS: Now pea protein can help maintain a clean diet, but you can also use our vegan pea protein powder in pre and post workout shakes, smoothies and recipes for maximum recovery.
4 – NOW Sports Nutrition – Pea Protein Powder
Peas are well known for being a source of highly bioavailable protein. Additionally, peas are not considered one of the major dietary allergens. Collectively, this makes pea protein an ideal source of post-workout nutrition for athletes who may have difficulty supplementing with other types of protein.
NOW Sports Pea Protein is a non-GMO vegetable protein isolate that has 24 grams of easily-digested protein. Each 1 scoop serving typically has over 4, 200 mg of branched-chain amino acids, and over 2, 000 mg of arginine.
NOW Sports Pea Protein is pure and natural, unflavored, and mixes easily into your favorite beverages.
- PURE, UNFLAVORED PEA PROTEIN POWDER: NOW Sports Pea Protein is a non-GMO vegetable protein isolate that has 24 grams of easily-digested protein. Each 1 scoop serving typically has over 4,200 mg of branched-chain amino acids and over 2,000 mg of arginine. (Non-GMO Project Verified, No Artificial Sweeteners, Vegan/Vegetarian, Kosher, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Steroid Free)
- The Informed-Sport seal is your assurance that each and every production run of these NOW Sports products has been tested for banned substances by LGC, a globally recognized assurance program for anti-doping in sports nutrition products. In addition to production run testing, Informed-Sport-certified products are also blind-sampled at the retail level up to four times annually, and testing results can be found at informed-sport.com.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
What to Look for in a Pea Protein Supplement
Each scoop of a serving of these protein supplements consists of 15-25 gm of protein and it delivers almost 100-150 calories in every serving. A wide array of brands, available in the market comprises pea protein along with different protein types like rice and soy.
Though the pea protein has low cysteine and methionine content, there are high chances that it might provide other issues like allergies, owing to the presence of soy. The majority of the blended products have pea protein in the ingredient list and thus it happens to be the most abundant source of protein in the supplement. Hence, while choosing the pea protein supplement, make sure to have a close look at the ingredient list to ensure that it does not contain anything, you might be allergic to.
In addition to this, you can opt for pea protein powders which boast of digestive enzymes. Digestive enzymes play a vital role in bringing an improvement in the absorption of proteins and thus users tend to go for a product that consists of these digestive enzymes.
Potential Side Effects
These protein supplements have a wide array of benefits and it comes with very little side effects. As it is composed of by the isolation of protein from the peas, it is known to have a lower fiber content owing to which it does not result in bloating or gassiness. However, these products are known to have high sodium content, and they are known to contain 110-390 mg in each serving. Hence, if you have been on a sodium-restricted diet, you need to stay away from these supplements.
Pea Protein vs Whey
Whey protein is considered to be a complete protein whereas pea protein is not the same owing to the low content of cysteine and methionine. Whey protein powder consists of the highest leucine content owing to which it has turned out to be the king of the protein supplements, available in the market. Whey protein consists of 105 mg of leucine in every gm of protein whereas pea protein comprises of 81 mg of leucine in each gm. You can intake less whey protein for getting optimal leucine, in comparison to the pea protein supplements.
Why is pea protein a great alternative
There is a wide array of reasons why pea protein is recognized to be a great alternative when it comes to building muscles and reducing weight. In case protein powders have caused serious discomfort to you, you should opt for pea protein as it can be digested easily. Pea protein also stands second to none when it comes to bioavailability which refers to the amount of protein which is absorbed as well as utilized by the body.
These protein supplements do not consist of any gluten and allergen which happens to be the biggest selling point of these protein powders. You can have these supplements even if you are intolerant to dairy, milk, peanuts, eggs, wheat, tree nuts, soy or if you have any kind of allergies.
Yea protein boasts of a wide array of amino acids which play a vital role in muscle recovery and bringing an improvement in the performance. Besides this, pea protein comprises lysine which is considered to be a crucial amino acid for the healthy connectivity tissues which include skin, cartilage, and bones.
These products are enriched with iron and thus they can be good sources of iron for you as well. Besides this, these protein powders stand second to none in reducing certain risks for poor heart health such as high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol. You will be amazed to know that pea protein can play a vital role in reducing your bad cholesterol level.
These protein supplements are considered to be an effective option for including protein in your diet. It plays a vital role in reducing the intake of calories and promoting weight loss. They are also considered to be a great choice to build muscle mass.
These protein supplements are known to be a great option for boosting protein intake. It plays a vital role in enhancing muscle mass. According to researchers, intaking 0.73 gm of protein in each pound of the body weight happens to be the most effective dose to build the muscle.
However, you should ensure not to consume more than 2.3 gm of this protein per pound of your body weight. It is because if you start taking such high dosages, there are high chances that your liver might have to struggle for processing protein fast. It might lead to negative effects such as diarrhea, nausea, ammonia content in the blood.
These protein supplements are considered to be an easy digestive protein supplement that is loaded with amino acids, arginine, iron, etc. These supplements offer a bunch of benefits such as good heart health, feeling of fullness, enhanced muscle growth. These supplements have turned out to be the prime choice of vegans and vegetarians who want a good quality protein supplement to ensure an active and healthy lifestyle.
I hope this post helped you out to find the best pea protein powder which suits you and your goals.