I think you will agree with me when I say:
Nowadays, with our busy lives achieving our caloric and protein intake needs it’s REALLY hard only with food…
Well, turns out, you can increase and achieve your daily protein intake by adding one whey protein supplement…
…Although, finding that GOOD protein isn’t an easy job.
That’s why we created a list of Best Pea Protein Protein Powder. After spending hours researching, testing and conversations with friends, I have shortlisted the top 10 organic proteins.
And in today’s post, I’m going to share it with you!
Protein powders are regarded as an effective supplement for building lean muscles and shedding those extra kilos. Pea protein is worth mentioning in this aspect. It is also a great option if you are suffering from any type of food sensitivity or allergies. They are devoid of the sow, dairy, gluten, egg, wheat and hence it is considered to be one of the safest protein options, in the market.
What is Pea Protein?
Pea protein powder contributes to being a supplement that is made by the extraction of protein from the yellow split peas. At first, the peas are dried and ground into the fine flour, next to which it should be mixed with water.
After this, the fiber and starch are removed, to extract the protein. It is enriched with all the essential amino acids, other than methionine. It is known to be a high-quality protein and can be useful in boosting muscle growth. It is also considered to be a perfect source of iron and promotes good heart health.
Best 10 Pea Protein Powder
Since there’s a rise in organic product use, you may have heard of organic whey protein recently. After all, organic products tend to be safer and more healthy than commercial products for you. Here is a glimpse of what organic whey protein is and how it can help you.
First of all, you should understand that all-natural products, generally, don’t include any pesticides or harsh chemicals. So, such products are substantially more healthy for people than those products that may be located in shops.
The following selection may not seem the cheapest one, although they are a great deal considering the price ratio, product quality, taste… These Whey Protein are TOP NOTCH.
|Transparent Labs - PROTEINSERIES ORGANIC VEGAN - Rice & Pea Protein||24g||140||2.12 (960g)||Check Price on Transparent Labs|
|PlantFusion Complete - Plant Based Pea Protein Powder, Non-GMO, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Allergy Free w/Digestive Enzymes, Dietary Supplement100%||25g||120||2lb (900g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Naked Nutrition - 100% Pea Protein Powder from North American Farms - Vegan Pea Protein Isolate - Plant Protein Powder, Easy to Digest - Speeds Muscle Recovery||27g||120||5lb (2.27KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|NOW Sports Nutrition - Pea Protein Powder||24g||120||7lb (3175G)||Check Price on Amazon|
|BulkSupplements - Pure Pea Protein Powder||24g||110||2.2lbs (1KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Micro Ingredients - Organic Pea Protein Powder - Organic Protein from Plants, Easy to Digest, Rich in Essential Amino Acids, Flavonoids and Minerals, No GMOs and Vegan Friendly||30g||120||2.2lbs (1KG)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Naturade - Vegansmart - Plant Based Organic Pea Protein Powder||20g||140||1.1lbs (504g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Anthony's - Premium Pea Protein, Plant Based, Gluten Free, Unflavored, Vegan, Keto Friendly||8g||35||2lbs (907g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Source Organic - Premium Pea Protein Isolate - 100% Vegan and Organic - UNFLAVORED||22g||100||2lbs (907g)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Terrasoul Superfoods - Organic Pea Protein||8g||37||1.5 pounds (680g)||Check Price on Amazon|
1 – Transparent Labs – PROTEINSERIES ORGANIC VEGAN – Rice & Pea Protein
Not only is this protein 100% vegan and free of artificial flavoring and sweeteners, it is also USDA Organic Certified.
ProteinSeries Organic Vegan has a protein base of 2:1 rice to pea protein ratio. This creates a smooth and reduced grit texture that is not only delicious but easy on the digestive system. In addition to packing a heavy protein punch (at 24 grams), Organic Vegan also contains a whopping 4 grams of fiber per serving (perhaps one of the most understated components of a plant-based protein powders).
Vegan protein powder is not just for people adhering to a vegan diet but is a powerful protein sources and fiber for anyone who is focused on total health optimization.
- 2 Flavors to choose from.
- 24 GRAMS PROTEIN – Each serving gives you 24 grams of pure protein.
- USDA Organic
- No Artificial Sweeteners, No Artificial Coloring, Gluten-Free & Non-GMO, No Artificial Preservatives
2 – PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder
There’s a motivation behind why most protein shakes appear to be identical. The greater part of them are altogether made a similar way, utilizing similar fixings. At the point when we began PlantFusion, we settled on a decision to utilize better ingredients like yellow peas from the northern hills of France and better flavors like vanilla bean from Madagascar.
- NO CHEAP FILLERS! – Certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free and Vegan-friendly protein powder that you can feel good about. As part of our Purity Promise we are also committed to being non-dairy, non-soy, non-whey, and free of rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors and colors.
- SUSTAINS ENERGY – Our naturally flavored vanilla protein powder for men and women is packed with 21g of plant-based proteins including peas, artichokes, algae and organic superfoods, all hand-selected as part of our Select Source process.
- BUILDS & REPAIRS MUSCLE – Amino acid infused protein blend for complete balance. The only plant protein powder that compares to animal proteins like whey.
- EASY TO DIGEST – Fortified with digestive enzymes, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and free of many other major allergens.
- NATURALLY DELICIOUS – Our Flavor Pure blend contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners and consistently ranks as one of the best tasting protein shakes by consumers. 2 Lb tub contains 30 healthy delicious servings.
3 – Naked Nutrition – 100% Pea Protein Powder
Our one ingredient Naked Pea and only 3 ingredient flavored options are the perfect base for you to create pre and post workout shakes, smoothies and recipes. Big brands use artificial sweeteners and additives to pad the bottom line, not improve your health. Easily control what goes into your body and the flavor by adding a banana, blueberries and more.
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Yellow Pea Protein with zero additives. Naked Pea contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-Free, Soy Free and Gluten-Free.
- VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER: Dairy Free and made solely from raw yellow peas grown on environmentally friendly farms in both the USA and Canada.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 27g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 2g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.7g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- PROTEIN SHAKES AND RECIPES: Create pure pea protein shakes, vegan smoothies and healthy green drinks. Provide your body with the daily protein it needs by adding to tea, sauces, and other recipes.
- CLEAN MUSCLE GAINS: Now pea protein can help maintain a clean diet, but you can also use our vegan pea protein powder in pre and post workout shakes, smoothies and recipes for maximum recovery.
4 – NOW Sports Nutrition – Pea Protein Powder
Peas are well known for being a source of highly bioavailable protein. Additionally, peas are not considered one of the major dietary allergens. Collectively, this makes pea protein an ideal source of post-workout nutrition for athletes who may have difficulty supplementing with other types of protein.
NOW Sports Pea Protein is a non-GMO vegetable protein isolate that has 24 grams of easily-digested protein. Each 1 scoop serving typically has over 4, 200 mg of branched-chain amino acids, and over 2, 000 mg of arginine.
NOW Sports Pea Protein is pure and natural, unflavored, and mixes easily into your favorite beverages.
- PURE, UNFLAVORED PEA PROTEIN POWDER: NOW Sports Pea Protein is a non-GMO vegetable protein isolate that has 24 grams of easily-digested protein. Each 1 scoop serving typically has over 4,200 mg of branched-chain amino acids and over 2,000 mg of arginine. (Non-GMO Project Verified, No Artificial Sweeteners, Vegan/Vegetarian, Kosher, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Steroid Free)
- The Informed-Sport seal is your assurance that each and every production run of these NOW Sports products has been tested for banned substances by LGC, a globally recognized assurance program for anti-doping in sports nutrition products. In addition to production run testing, Informed-Sport-certified products are also blind-sampled at the retail level up to four times annually, and testing results can be found at informed-sport.com.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
5 – BulkSupplements – Pure Pea Protein Powder
Our pea protein powder is rich in amino acids and low in carbohydrates and fat. It is free of soy, gluten, lactose, and animal products, making it a popular vegetarian and vegan alternative to whey-based proteins.
How to Take Pea Protein
As a dietary supplement, take 30 grams daily blended into water, juice, or a smoothie, or as directed by a physician.
- Vegan and vegetarian protein
- Builds and strengthens muscle
- May aid in weight loss
- Lab-tested for quality and purity
6 – Micro Ingredients – Organic Pea Protein Powder – Organic Protein from Plants, Easy to Digest, Rich in Essential Amino Acids, Flavonoids and Minerals, No GMOs and Vegan-Friendly
Pea protein powder is becoming a fast favorite for gym-goers and health-conscious people alike. It is not only gluten and dairy free, but it’s been proven to be spectacular for your kidneys and heart. Smoothies with protein powder is easier than fully prepare a protein-rich meal. Another great reason to use protein powder is that your body has a unique window of time, about 30 minutes after working out, in which you absorb amino acids faster than at any other time. Eating a full meal is not only difficult at that point in the day, but can even make you feel nauseous, while a light smoothie packed with great proteins is a quick alternative.
Micro Ingredient is a manufacturer and a friend who wants what is best for you. We will always ensure our ingredients are additives free, fillers free, and Non-GMO.YOUR HEALTH, OUR PRIORITY!
How to Use
- 3/4 cup water.
- 1 frozen banana.
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pea protein powder.
- 1 cup ice cubes.
- Organic Pea Protein Isolate Powder, 32 Ounces (2 Pounds), No GMOs and Vegan Friendly.
- Rich in Antioxidant, Fatty Acids and Natural Fiber, Promote Stamina, Endurance and Strength.
- Enhance Energy, Immune System, Muscle Build up and Recovery.
- No GMOs, No Additives, No Preservatives, No Artificial colors, No Flavors, No Soy, No Fillers and No Gluten
- Scoop included to get the measurement every time. Take it daily with or between meals by adding it to a shake or smoothie, see what the most nutrient dense food on the planet is all about.
7 – Naturade – Vegansmart – Plant-Based Organic Pea Protein Powder
Nothing says clean more than Organic Pea Protein. With 20 grams of organic pea proteins perfectly blended together you’re ready to bounce back after a run, weight lift, or an especially tough day in the yard – these weeds aren’t going to pull themselves. And with those the amino acids and dietary fiber you’re ready now more than ever to reach your fitness goals. We love Organic Pea Protein and we add it to everything and even bring it to parties.
Complete Protein Blend – Contains 5 different non-GMO plant-based proteins providing all the essential amino acids in precise proportions, readily usable by the body, for building and repairing tissue and muscle.
Greens Blend – Includes 14 different healthy greens/vegetables offering naturally occurring polyphenols, antioxidants and flavonoids to support overall wellness.
Antioxidant Blend – Includes 40 different fruits and roots offering additional naturally occurring polyphenols, antioxidants and flavonoids to those found in the Greens Blend to establish a total ORAC value of 25, 000 per serving (Brunswick Labs Certified).
22 Vitamins & Minerals – Act as catalysts in thousands of biochemical reactions every day to support normal and healthy cell function.
Fiber & Omega Blend – Provides 5 grams of dietary fiber to help keep you regular.
Also contains over 200 mg of Omega-3 to support a healthy brain, heart and circulatory system.
Prebiotics – Contains 150 mg ActivAloe bioactive polysaccharides that stimulate the growth and maintenance of beneficial intestinal flora.
Digestive Enzymes Blend – Assists in digesting foods more completely for greater absorption of nutrients and the good health that goes with them. Naturally Flavoured & Sweetened – Vanilla Creme natural flavoring with organic sweeteners.
- Exceptional taste
- 20 grams of Organic Pea Protein
- Vegan formula
- 9 Essential Amino Acids
- 5 Grams of net carbs
- 3 Grams of dietary fiber
- 140 Calories
8 – Anthony’s – Premium Pea Protein, Plant-Based, Gluten Free, Unflavored, Vegan, Keto Friendly
About out Premium Pea Protein:
Pea protein is made by simply removing the starch and fiber content of yellow peas and grinding them into a fine powder. This plant based protein is ideal for vegetarians and vegans, and is a great alternative to whey and soy proteins.
Anthony’s Pea Protein Powder is Gluten Free, Unsweetened, and Unflavored with no artificial additives.
Use it as a base for protein shakes, blend it into smoothie bowls, add it to yogurt, baked goods, protein bars and more!
It’s easy to get lots of protein in your diet with our pea protein! It’s high quality, plant-based, and easy to add to many different recipes.
Great for Smoothies and Baking
Add a couple of tablespoons of our pea protein to muffins, pancakes, or your morning smoothie.
There’s virtually no carbohydrates in our pea protein; add this dense protein powder to whatever you like without adding extra sugar or starch!
Many protein powders contain artificial and genetically modified ingredients. Not ours! It’s 100% pure and non-GMO.
- Premium Pea Protein Isolate from Canada, Packed in California
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten-Free
- Natural Plant-Based Protein Source, Non-GMO
- Unflavored and Unsweetened – Excellent for Powdered Blends
- Use it as a base for protein shakes, blend it into smoothie bowls, add it to yogurt, baked goods, protein bars and more!
9 – Source Organic – Premium Pea Protein Isolate – 100% Vegan and Organic – UNFLAVORED
Source Organic Pea Protein Isolate starts with organic yellow peas from Canadian farms. The yellow pea serves an important role in rotational farming by adding nitrogen and biomass back to the soil, reducing pests and weeds, and laying the foundation for higher yielding, more nutritious, and sustainable future harvests.
The raw organic yellow peas are processed without the use of hexane or enzymes to produce an organic pea protein isolate with an unsurpassed amino acid profile containing 4.8 grams of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) and 2.18 grams of arginine per serving.
Each crop of peas is third-party lab tested pre- and post-production to meet nutritional and microbiological specifications.
Source Organic Pea Protein Isolate provides a vegetarian/vegan and allergen-free option that is a complete source of high quality organic protein and an excellent source of iron. Source Organic is committed to working with farmers who practice and support organic and sustainable farming and animal welfare.
- Only One Ingredient: Organic Yellow Pea Protein Isolate
- 22g of protein, 4.8g of BCAAs, and 2.18g of arginine per serving
- Sourced exclusively from Canadian organic farms
- No added flavors, colors, or sugars, and Allergen free
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly
10 – Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Pea Protein (Unflavored, Smooth Texture)
About Our Organic Pea Protein Powder:
Pea protein is a unique source of plant based protein that is rich in amino acids, and digests easily.
Its smooth texture and mild flavor make it the perfect addition to any smoothie or added in combination
with other protein powders. Our pea protein contains no stevia or other ingredients. Like other organic pea protein powders ours is manufactured in China since the quality is superior and the protein is a product
of noodle production. We have extensive quality control steps to ensure we only source the most pure
protein powder and we lab test every batch for purity and quality at a third-party laboratory in the US.
We Sell The Foods We Know And Love:
Terrasoul Superfoods was founded on a passion for quality, value and health. Our mission
is to improve the quality of people’s lives by offering the freshest, most nutrient-dense foods
grown with integrity in healthy soils on sustainable, organic farms. By connecting our customers
with these farms and conducting business ethically, we are able to have a positive social impact
while making high-quality nutrient-dense foods more affordable for our customers.
What Makes Us Different Makes Us Better:
Unlike other companies that use co-packers, we directly import, lab test and package
our ingredients to ensure quality. We are also one of the largest wholesale suppliers
of organic superfoods in the U.S. and are trusted by hundreds of the nation’s top juice
and smoothie bars and organic food manufactures as their source for high-quality
superfoods. Working in close partnership with our suppliers enables us to offer the
highest quality ingredients at a superior value.
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Pea Protein Powder (80% Protein)
- USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Our protein powder isoltate is made from USDA certified organic yellow peas and laboratory tested for purity
- Having a minimal flavor our pea protein is perfect for post workout recovery and adding protein to recipes
- 100% Money-Back Quality Guarantee – We stand behind our products and offer a 30-day money back guarantee, backed by an outstanding customer service team.
What to Look for in a Pea Protein Supplement
Each scoop of a serving of these protein supplements consists of 15-25 gm of protein and it delivers almost 100-150 calories in every serving. A wide array of brands, available in the market comprises pea protein along with different protein types like rice and soy.
Though the pea protein has low cysteine and methionine content, there are high chances that it might provide other issues like allergies, owing to the presence of soy. The majority of the blended products have pea protein in the ingredient list and thus it happens to be the most abundant source of protein in the supplement. Hence, while choosing the pea protein supplement, make sure to have a close look at the ingredient list to ensure that it does not contain anything, you might be allergic to.
In addition to this, you can opt for pea protein powders which boast of digestive enzymes. Digestive enzymes play a vital role in bringing an improvement in the absorption of proteins and thus users tend to go for a product that consists of these digestive enzymes.
Potential Side Effects
These protein supplements have a wide array of benefits and it comes with very little side effects. As it is composed of by the isolation of protein from the peas, it is known to have a lower fiber content owing to which it does not result in bloating or gassiness. However, these products are known to have high sodium content, and they are known to contain 110-390 mg in each serving. Hence, if you have been on a sodium-restricted diet, you need to stay away from these supplements.
Pea Protein vs Whey
Whey protein is considered to be a complete protein whereas pea protein is not the same owing to the low content of cysteine and methionine. Whey protein powder consists of the highest leucine content owing to which it has turned out to be the king of the protein supplements, available in the market. Whey protein consists of 105 mg of leucine in every gm of protein whereas pea protein comprises of 81 mg of leucine in each gm. You can intake less whey protein for getting optimal leucine, in comparison to the pea protein supplements.
Why is pea protein a great alternative
There is a wide array of reasons why pea protein is recognized to be a great alternative when it comes to building muscles and reducing weight. In case protein powders have caused serious discomfort to you, you should opt for pea protein as it can be digested easily. Pea protein also stands second to none when it comes to bioavailability which refers to the amount of protein that is absorbed as well as utilized by the body.
These protein supplements do not consist of any gluten and allergen which happens to be the biggest selling point of these protein powders. You can have these supplements even if you are intolerant to dairy, milk, peanuts, eggs, wheat, tree nuts, soy or if you have any kind of allergies.
Yea protein boasts of a wide array of amino acids which play a vital role in muscle recovery and bringing an improvement in the performance. Besides this, pea protein comprises lysine which is considered to be a crucial amino acid for the healthy connectivity tissues which include skin, cartilage, and bones.
These products are enriched with iron and thus they can be good sources of iron for you as well. Besides this, these protein powders stand second to none in reducing certain risks for poor heart health such as high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol. You will be amazed to know that pea protein can play a vital role in reducing your bad cholesterol level.
These protein supplements are considered to be an effective option for including protein in your diet. It plays a vital role in reducing the intake of calories and promoting weight loss. They are also considered to be a great choice to build muscle mass.
These protein supplements are known to be a great option for boosting protein intake. It plays a vital role in enhancing muscle mass. According to researchers, intaking 0.73 gm of protein in each pound of the body weight happens to be the most effective dose to build the muscle.
However, you should ensure not to consume more than 2.3 gm of this protein per pound of your body weight. It is because if you start taking such high dosages, there are high chances that your liver might have to struggle for processing protein fast. It might lead to negative effects such as diarrhea, nausea, ammonia content in the blood.
These protein supplements are considered to be an easy digestive protein supplement that is loaded with amino acids, arginine, iron, etc. These supplements offer a bunch of benefits such as good heart health, feeling of fullness, enhanced muscle growth. These supplements have turned out to be the prime choice of vegans and vegetarians who want a good quality protein supplement to ensure an active and healthy lifestyle.
I hope this post helped you out to find the best pea protein powder which suits you and your goals.