A Beginner’s Guide To Testosterone Booster Supplements
Testosterone is a wonderful hormone that is normally produced in the male testes and is responsible for many emotional and physical attributes in men. Although the hormone is also found in women, its effects are very prominent in men. Normally, in men, the hormone is used in boosting sex drive, the building of bone structure and growth of muscles. It also goes a long way in the stimulation of hair production and boosting the moods of individuals. However, this is only possible when the testosterone levels are in adequate levels in the body since a reduction of its levels can bring about dangerous effects.
Ways to Boost Testosterone Levels
Although there are very many solutions that exist in the market today to boost testosterone levels, natural solutions also work very well. So you can either choose to use the natural ways to boost your testosterone levels or go for some medication in terms of testosterone boosters. We list some of the ways below;
- Adequate Sleep: First, you can boost your testosterone levels by having adequate sleep every night. Research has shown that getting between seven to nine hours of sleep boosts production of testosterone in the body.
- Loss of Excess Weight: It has also been shown that loss of weight will not only improve your heart health but also boost your testosterone levels. Although it is recommended that the loss of weight should be done through the use of proper diet and exercise.
- Get Enough Zinc: Hypogonadism which minimizes the effectiveness of the testes in the production of testosterone can be controlled by boosting zinc levels in the body. This can be done by eating food rich in zinc like beans, nuts, and whole grains.
- Low Sugar Intake: You can also boost the testosterone levels in your body by reducing your intake of sugar. The presence of Glucose in the blood stream usually reduces the production of testosterone by up to 25 per cent.
- Testosterone Boosters: Although the above mentioned natural ways are quite effective in the production of testosterone, there exist medical solutions in testosterone boosters that can also work quite effectively. These boosters normally come in terms of tablets that you are required to take as is prescribed.
What Are The Symptoms Of Low Testosterone?
Low Sex Drive
Sexually, low testosterone levels can have a very detrimental effect on a man’s libido. It is the hormone that is responsible for sex drive and so an absence of it can lead to very low sexual desire amongst men.
The body usually needs adequate levels of testosterone so that it can generate a molecule called nitric oxide. This molecule is responsible for a firm erection and so its absence in optimal levels can easily lead to erectile dysfunction.
Testosterone also plays a big role in providing men with the energy they need to carry on throughout the day. Therefore men who frequently feel fatigued after a normal day should get checked as this can be a major cause of quick exhaustion.
Reduced Muscle Mass
A man’s muscles also depend on the existence of high levels of testosterone. Thus low levels of testosterone lead to the wasting of muscle mass. And this can even affect those that work out constantly with the view of building muscle mass.
Loss Of Hair
Testosterone is also very critical in hair production. Though balding is a natural occurrence in men, low testosterone levels can lead to very massive loss of hair. A phenomenon which can be experienced for both body and facial hair.
Benefits Of Testosterone Boosters
Testosterone plays a big role in the development of muscles. And these boosters normally increase testosterone levels to adequate levels needed by the body. They are, therefore critical for building muscle mass that is key for people involved in sports or just fitness exercises for increased strength.
Decreased Fat In The Body
Loss of body weight is also a benefit that comes with using these boosters. A factor that can be attributed to testosterone being key in the active cutting down of body fat in men.
Increased Sex Drive
Taking testosterone supplements can also boost sex drive by a great degree. This is because increased testosterone in the body normally leads to increased libido in both men and women. So if you have lost your sex drive they will be very beneficial to you.
Increased Muscle Mass
If you work out solely to build muscle, then over time you can find the boosters quite useful for your goals. The increased levels of testosterone that comes with the taking of the boosters usually stimulate the body to be receptive to the building and growth of muscle mass.
Growth of Hair
Since your balding might be due to the low levels of testosterone in the body. Frequently taking boosters can lead to a maintenance of your current body hair and even lead to a renewed growth of the hair especially in areas where it was previously lost.
Side Effects Of Testosterone Boosters
Unbalanced Muscle Gain
Though the Boosters normally lead to increased muscles mass, they do not encourage the development of balanced muscle development. Over time, it has been observed that the growth of muscles thanks to the boosters does not lead to the growth of ligaments and tendons needed to support the growing muscles.
They Can lead to Polycythemia
Taking testosterone boosters over a long period of time has been shown to increase the levels of red blood cells in the body. The increase in red blood cell levels over time will lead to the development of polycythemia. Simply, this is the unbalanced levels of red blood cells and white blood cells in the body.
Reaction To The Skin
When your testosterone levels increase there are high chances that your skin will react negatively. Normally the testosterone will boost the production of oil in your skin which will then lead your facial skin to develop acne or uncomfortable oily skin.
In some people, they have been shown to have some effects on emotions. Although healthy levels of testosterone can lead to positive emotions, if it is in excess it is likely to lead to increased anxiety, depression or other unnecessary aggressive behavior.
Ingredients to Look For In Testosterone Boosters
Testosterone supplements come highly recommended, although in the market today, you can find just any testosterone booster for your needs. This means the efficiency of these testosterone boosters differs. However, there are several ingredients that you can look out for to establish the most efficient. Some of these ingredients are;
- D-Aspartic Acid: This is an amino acid normally found in the body and taking boosters that contain it normally leads to the generation of luteinizing hormone that is responsible for triggering the testes to release testosterone.
- Tribulus Terrestris: This ingredient has also proven very effective in the boosting of testosterone levels. It has compounds called steroidal saponins that are responsible for improved testosterone levels.
- ZMA: When it comes to this ingredient, you will get three different compounds that are very efficient. The ZMA simply stands for Zinc, Magnesium and vitamin B6. These particular ingredients will majorly boost the levels of testosterone while limiting its depletion in the body.
- Boron: You should also look out for Boron which is quite critical to the testosterone levels in your body. It helps the body to absorb other ingredients in the body to aid the free circulation of testosterone in the body to improve its functions.
Although these boosters are quite efficient, the market is flooded with products that are potentially harmful. So if you want to benefit from the above-mentioned benefits of these boosters, you need to ensure that you are using the right products. And this can only be achieved by doing intense research or talking to medical professionals that are conversant with the products. But reading through this article is a good starting point.